Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day 2

Cute boys playing in the snow!
We are winding down day 2 of sequestered home time, and promised at least another one tomorrow as school has officially been canceled again tomorrow.  The roads are quite icy I am sure and it is suppose to freeze again over night.  REALLY hoping we can get out of the house and back to school on Thursday!?!

The boys and I are hanging in there.  We have so much to do and keep busy with.  We love playing out in the snow with Ginger.  We have plenty of food.  The only thing that would make it better would be for David to be here with us!

Ginger seems to love the snow!  Of course, she does end up with a cold nose!


It is times like these when I am exceedingly grateful that we have a treadmill and an elliptical in our basement.  Even though we can't get out to the Y, I have still been able to fit in my workouts and movies.  Today, I was watching "Julia & Julie", and Ryan came down and watched part of it with me.  There was a line where 'Julie' says, "I'm fat", and Ryan says, "not fat, just thick".  I almost fell off the elliptical.  I asked where he heard that, but he couldn't remember and confessed that he didn't know what it meant.


You can see why there is now way we can leave our house - our driveway is a sheet of ice!  Fun for some impromptu sledding but not so great for driving on!
In addition to Julia & Julie, I have watched "Food Inc" which I was VERY nervous to watch.  Seems it impacts everyone who sees it - many become vegetarian, organic, local even if just a short while.  I also feared it would be too judgmental and preachy or with a clear agenda.  It was actually quite good.  A lot I already knew or suspected, but it was pretty educational.  If you haven't seen it, I would recommend you do!

1 comment:

Tamar said...

Love that you have been able to work out on these snow days. I have not seen Food Inc, but I heard it's great and definitely makes you think!