We were finally able to get out of the house a bit. A friend, Tonya and Harrison, came to get us on Thursday and we went to Walmart, Publix , McD's and the library. Then Friday, we ventured out on our own in the afternoon - just very local...I actually HAD to get my emissions done since my tag is due on Tuesday and Monday is a holiday! We did and I renewed online last night, so that is done.
I don't think I have blogged about it yet, but the pesky ice is so not my friend!! I know I told you that I slipped on the ice last time we had it this winter on my way to the trash bin....just hurt my hip and knee a bit but nothing major...then Wednesday, was headed to the mailbox being very careful and watching for ice...and next thing I know, I am on my back looking up at the sky with my head vibrating...I fell and whacked the back of my head on the driveway. I am sore and have a huge knot on the back of my head, but I seem to be ok.
The boys and I were going to go to the Y this morning to get out of the house and I REALLY needed spin to perk me up and get me out of the mood I am in....this is sort of my birthday weekend and David isn't here...I am injured, snowed in (can't tell you how many times growing up that my birthday parties were impacted by the weather...I am so done with a January birthday and SERIOUSLY considering either moving my birthday to summer or moving to the Southern Hemisphere where my birthday will be in the summer!!!!!)....anyway, no one seems to be available to celebrate with me...and the boys and I have just spent 5+ days virtually alone together doing nothing really....so, just feeling bummed....planning to snap out of it any minute now as self-pity really annoys me! Meaning that not only do I feel pathetic and pitiful, but I am annoyed with myself too....wow! But, we missed spin (didn't realize they eliminated the late spin class)...
Anyway, about to get a workout in the basement with a new movie I got from the library...that will help - then a hot shower....then something outside the house. Still hopeful for some plans for the weekend....dinner tonight maybe or a pedi tomorrow with someone...or maybe even a trip to the outlet mall to see what Coach outlet has to offer!?!? Nothing like the smell of a new leather, designer purse to perk up a girl!
Maybe a car wash - love a fresh car! Haircuts for the boys? Trying to think of all that I can to not give in to baked goods and chocolate to comfort myself! Oh, I know...a trip to Costco to get 2 dozen roses!!! (Thanks David for all the retail therapy)....
Oh, and I already did the new hair color thing....I am not strawberry blond again - I'll get a picture of me and the boys later today after their haircuts so you can see all of us!
I am a lucky girl and I know it! Just need to get my head there!
No comments:
Post a Comment