Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Time Zones

I normally feel that our life is pretty hectic and packed, but add a bit of travel and several time zones later, and whoa....

Friday, we headed up to New Jersey (flew into Newark) for David's cousin's wedding (CONGRATULATIONS to Yael and Sam!!) They actually were married last month in Israel, but this was the US version, and it was amazing. Friday night was a 'small' dinner at the grooms parents' home. Saturday was the ceremony and reception at a pavilion in West Orange and the views of NYC were AMAZING!! (I'd love to show you more from the night including the views, the ceremony, family at the reception, our adorable boys in their ties, me looking smokin' hot in my LBD :)...but, lost my camera in NY on Sunday, and unless anyone turns it into the cab authority - yeah right! then I will have just lost those 100+ photos forever!) The weekend was fabulous, but non-stop!

That didn't end with a WONDERFUL day in NY on Sunday. Got to our hotel late am....we stayed at the Marriott in Times Square on the 25th floor with a perfect view of the area (that I did manage to get photos of w/my big camera and will share soon)....we did a buggy ride around Central Park...shopped extensively at FAO (got to see the piano show based on the movie BIG) and Toys R Us. Ryan and I rode the carousel at TRU (again, photo are the victim of my loss). Walked around everywhere - ruled out a Broadway show...there just weren't any good kid ones showing. Got the boys a classic 'I heart NY shirt'. We had dinner at a singing diner near Broadway. Then an early bed time...since we were up at 4:30am for our early flight.

Flew out of JFK for 5 1/2 hours across the country to SFO. Upon arrival, got our rental car, dropped David at his office, and the boys and I headed to a local mall for lunch, a movie (Despicable Me which was quite good), then some shopping for necessities at Target. We then picked David up at work, had checked into our corporate apartment, had dinner, settled in and went to bed. What an amazing long day!

Today, the boys and I were on our own for adventure....we took the car and went to Golden Gate Park. We found the childrens' playground there near the Tea Gardens, and a carousel too! Then lunch for them at McD's. Then a stop at Borders and the grocery store. Then 'home' for snacks, rest and then to the gym for a quick workout on the elliptical for me. David came home, we walked to dinner. I just love all the pedestrian friendly atmosphere. The weather was ideal today...a bit chilly but nice. Mid-day is sunny and warm in the sun. It is actually our perfect fall weather hidden right in the middle of summer here :) There is a crispness in the air, but you can get nice and toasty in the sun. I love that too!

Our apartment is nice, nothing too fancy, but in a great location right on the bay and 2 blocks or so from AT&T Park (we will see a baseball game while we are here!). We can walk to so many things!

Tomorrow, the boys and I are going to spend the day at one of the many children-oriented museums here. We have dinner plans w/friends Thursday night. Working on our weekend plans...and then Paige is here on Monday!!!

Just wanted to check in and let you know that we are alive and well - a bit tired - but loving every minute of it! It is so nice to NOT be left behind this time :)

No comments: