Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Holiday Weekend Recap

So busy over here living a full and crazy happy life that I am remiss to take the time to blog about it, but alas, that is so unfair to my adoring DARE followers - smooch!

We had a great holiday weekend. Started with David on the earlier flight home Friday. He got home in time for us to join the Whitehurst Family for an impromptu dinner and birthday party for Kate (who just turned 4!). Lots of fun!
Saturday, spent some time at the pool and an early dinner at CPK w/Granny and Oupa. They took the boys home with them for the night because David and I had to be up at 4:45am for the Peachtree. Rode down w/our pals...Kristy, Rob, Mike, Michelle and her friend Kendra. Kristy and I ran/walked for the 2nd year an a row, and beat our time from last year by well over 3 minutes! David improved his time as well!! Once again, he was finished before our T time group even started at 8:45am.
After the race and some much-needed showers, we enjoyed a BBQ at Lynne and Matt's with family and friends. We were pretty wiped out after that, so we headed home. I took a nap (I have had a scratch throat since Friday, so I wasn't feeling so great), but after I woke up, we decided last minute again (wow, where is all this spontaneity coming from - me...the planner?!?), to go see the fireworks in Roswell. Called up Alan & Andrew and forced them to meet us. And so glad we did! It was a really nice show.
Monday, we spent the entire day at the County Club of Roswell pool complex with the Cannon Family. They have 2 water slides, a zero entry pool, a dive pool and more. We had a blast!! Then we grilled out for dinner at their house. We were once again exhausted, but happy as we crawled into our beds that night!

Looking back on it, Friday to Monday was pretty fabulous, lots of great friends and family and food and sun and fun! That is the true definition of a 4th of July weekend, is it not?!?
Now, looking forward *nervously but excitedly* to a weekend in NJ/NY and then Cali!!! Shopping, packing, planning...but that part will be over Friday am! Stay tuned for tons of photos! I will try to blog on the road so that you won't have to wait for all the updates (and I won't have to put that on my to-do list upon returning home!)

For now, here is one of the only photos from this past weekend - I just never had my camera around! But Wy snapped this one on Monday night!

No comments: