I have actually resorted to 'scheduling' phone calls with my closest friends just so that we actually get to talk to each other since it just isn't happening on its own any longer....we do it for work, why not do it for the more important phone calls in life.
Tomorrow, I have a scheduled call with Kristy on our morning commutes to work...it has been well over a month if not much longer since we have even spoken much less seen each other. Then tomorrow night I have a call scheduled with Paige which is a bit tougher due to the time difference...but it's only a couple of hours, so we normally manage it. This is well over due as well.
Amanda is the only one that I speak to on a regular (almost daily) basis. She is my crutch, and can almost always take my call - G-d, I love her job!!!
Anyway, Happy B-day to Carrie in Alaska today AND to Lauren who is 7 today!!!
The dentist went ok today. The boys both did VERY well with their cleanings. Ethan was so brave with his crown, but it bothered him a bit more than the last 2 (I knew that was just too good to happen again). Now, we have one more visit each to schedule soon, a small cavity for Ryan and two small cavities for Ethan (no more crowns). Ethan is also going to be using a special fluoride toothpaste to help combat his 'weak' enamel. Then, maybe we can have a break from cavities for a long while and just have well check-ups.
On another note, my friend, Heather, was diagnosed with breast cancer last year and has been undergoing chemo. She has her 3rd round tomorrow, and I plan to go visit her this week (Friday) after David gets home. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. We haven't been in close touch lately because life gets in the way, but she is a great person and a wonderful friend, and it breaks my heart that she is having to endure this.
3 comments:
I am so sorry that Ethan has inherited my teeth - he could have chosen something better! I feel for him
I have a good friend who also had breast cancer. She was going through surgery and starting chemo a couple of years ago. Now she is doing fine. She had radiation and chemo plus the lump removed. She is a RN which in a way wasn't good. If she didn't know what the dr. and other nurses were talking about, she at least had an idea. I hope your friend,Heather, does as good as my friend Deborah. And I hope you have a good visit.
Thanks Ang. I didn't realize that I shared my birthday with the lovely Lauren.
Post a Comment