I was feeling great last week. Back to normal energy, feeling healthy, should have known it was short-lived. I woke up Saturday in the early morning from a sore throat, took some pain meds and went back to sleep, until the alarm went off at 7:05am which is the time I planned to get up to prep for my 5K with Jen. To say I felt bad would be a gross understatement. I was achy, throat so sore I couldn't swallow, and I was so tired that I felt I hadn't slept in days rather than the 8 hours I had just gotten. Managed to do the 5K with Jen (it was her 1st and she drove all the way from Cartersville to do it w/me, so I couldn't back out on her...besides, if it were a cold, it certainly wouldn't hurt me). Our time was 46:18 BTW, so not too bad. Ethan ran his first 1K in just 6:30!!!
Made it through the rest of Saturday which really just involved a family gathering in the afternoon in Sandy Springs, and after that, I was on the couch for the evening until we went up to bed at 8pm. This morning, woke up much worse which for me is a sign, if I don't improve some when I get good, long sleep, then its not good. Called my dr, and they are open from 11-2 today (Sunday), so when David gets back from his big run (12 miles today since his 1/2 marathon is next weekend), I go to the dr, and after waiting an hour and 1/2 to see him....he says I have strep...not a big surprise, but a big disappointment. Honestly, I would have cried either way, if it is strep, then I can get antibiotics and start feeling better, even if just a little bit, in 24-48 hours. If it's not strep, that means it's viral, and I have to tough it out...which I saw no humanly way to do that (I had to lay on the floor of the shower earlier that day just to make it through my shower!). So, he gives me a script for penicillin...I tell him it won't work for me (I went to the same practice that I used during all my strep issues back in 2006-07 when I had strep 10 time in a 12 month period), but this was a new dr that has been added to the practice....he seems unbothered by my comments about my saga and refuses to give me a sulfur based medication which is what got rid of strep for me for almost 3 years now....he wants to go w/the pen. That's just brilliant....we'll see, but I should totally sue if I get it again in 2 months which was my pattern before. I am trying to be hopeful, but strep really does a number on your body!! I don't want to suffer needlessly.
Anyway, had to share my pity party with you all. Feeling just slightly better then death and hoping the boys will just read, color, and play quietly until bed time - yeah right!
1 comment:
Bummer! I hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment