If I blinked, I would have missed it entirely which would have been ashame because it was FABULOUS...just way too short! Just a quick summary (no more than 10 pages, double-sided, single spaced :)
Friday, the boys and I went to karate, then home to bake challah bread (which we got started in the dough cycle before karate)....then we headed to Cotswold for dinner with the in-town-at-the-time Dubovsky family (L, M & A were in Florida for a funeral and David was in the air back home)....the boys stayed over. Since I came home child-free, and while I was waiting on D to get home (around 11:30pm), I caught up on some emails, got in a quick workout and shower...it was a productive night for me and all after dinner :)
David and I both slept in on Saturday until about 8am, and it felt heavenly!! Then he convinced me to do the sauna with him (we have owned the thing for about 2 years now, but I have never done it)...it was nice! Got nice and warm and sweated out some impurities (in theory). Then we picked up the boys who had a great time at Granny and Oupa's. We ran a few errands, and it was a gorgeous day! We had lunch at Chilis (the boys love eating there and so do we!), and then got a ton of things done at home. David got a new work laptop, so he had to migrate everything over, and I did laundry and researched our Cali vacation while the boys played.
Jennifer and Garrett came over around 4:30 so that Jen and I could walk/run the track at the school (we are 'training' for our 5K that is this coming Saturday), and the boys played with Garrett on the playground. Then later that night, our neighbors came over to grill out and have a pit fire in our back yard...they have 2 girls that are almost exactly the same age as our boys, so they had a blast...and so did we, sipping wine and Chocovine by the fire! It was a pretty late night, but it is amazing how much we packed into a single day!
Amazingly, everyone slept in on Sunday....until almost 10am!! Even Ryan...he slept until 10:30am (but I think he is fighting off a cold, going through a growth spurt AND had tons of physical activity during the day).
After sleeping in, we then proceeded to spend half the day in our jammies (love those days) just doing things at the house. David finished up his computer and installed XP on the boys' computer...I did laundry and finalized some plans for Cali including our route, timing and hotel choices. I have almost refined our 'must do' list. I will share the itinerary with you as soon as it is finalized and booked :) There are just so many options on that coast, that it is tough to narrow it down and prioritize it! David had to fly out Sunday this week, making is a VERY short weekend, but looking back, that didn't slow us down. It does mean that he will get to fly in earlier on Friday putting him home in time for dinner!
Our weeks are off to a standard start and look pretty normal (knock on wood). We have the dentist today for both boys - both cleaning and check-up, and Ethan will get at least one more crown...Ryan may or may not need any fillings. Hoping it goes VERY smoothly like last time. Of course, I was alone with Ethan last time, and this time, I have to distract Ryan, so we will see. The boys get to pick anything they want for dinner if they are good at the dentist, and then we will head to the track again for a walk/run (Jen & Garrett may join us again). The rest of the week, we have karate, speech, Lynne's delayed b-day dinner, a playdate with Ethan's classmate (who happens to have a little sister a year younger than Ryan), work, etc. Like I said, standard = busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment