I was awoken at 3am this morning by my throat! In so much pain and couldn't swallow. Finally took some Advil, but by the time it kicked in, it was too late for me to go back to sleep. I showered, got the boys ready and dropped at school and headed straight for my dr. Their office opens at 8:30, but I got there at 8:20 and they were already open and taking patients. I got in with almost no wait which was nice...and get swabbed...and voila...strep again!
I took my last of my 30 pills (10 days) on Wednesday at 2pm. Strep was back w/a vengeance at 3am on Friday 36 hours later!
This time, I got to see my actual doctor (Dr Lee)...the one who cares and listens, and he prescribed Bactrim (the med that finally wiped out strep last time)...and rather than just a typical 1 week course, he went with a 14 day course of it. I have picked it up (very happy that it only cost $6!), and have taken one. Hopefully, it will kick in and I can feel better soon.
I am taking a nap now before I have to get the boys, and David will be home by 5pm or so.
2 comments:
I hope you get this strep kicked this time for good! If you need anything let me know!
Bummer about the strep! I hope you feel better this weekend.
Post a Comment