I have made some decisions about my life lately. I have decided that I have fallen into a negative rut, and in my defense, it is largely due to the events of the last 2 years starting with my parents' sicknesses and mom's death. I try to cut myself some slack and allow for the grieving process, but I think it has gone far enough. I have noticed a shift in my attitude from mostly positive to a lot negative and from a me affecting my world to me being a victim of my life (not a victim mentality, but more of a 'things happen to me' not 'me making things happen' mind-set). Well, I don't like it, so I have decided to do something about it. Mind over matter right?!? I don't know if all the negative energy is impacting my health, but a shift to a more positive attitude/energy certainly won't hurt it.
I have developed a new mantra to support my 'operation new attitude': It is what is it, and it could be worse - not exactly screaming Ms Optimism yet, but a good first step.
I mean life is busy, hectic, sometimes not fair...but it ain't all bad! And if I don't know that I will one day look back and wish for these days back, then my years in this world will just mean that I am only older and no wiser, and I refuse to let my wrinkles and hard-won smile lines be for naught!
I am on a mission and I am taking my happy back!!! Just be prepared, because it might get a bit annoying for a while...I know it feels odd and sort of braggy for me....I think that is also part of how I got into this negative funk....I mean no one wants to hear, 'yes, I did have a GREAT weekend full of GREAT things all the time, so we say, yes, I had a good weekend, but fill-in-the-blank-on-the-downside.
I want to put out positive energy and get it back. I want to be fun and happy again, and it isn't going to happen on its own...I got to take action to make it happen...life isn't something that happens to you, it is what you make happen. Time for me to make happy happen!
That's your little preview of the new attitude. I am actually faking it til I make it...but I will get there...
BTW, I had these thought unformed, rolling around in my head until yesterday, I had DVR'd The Doctors show and was watching while working on something. Well, they had a guest doctor on there. She is a mom of triplets who are all about 6 months old and about to crawl. The other doctors said, wow, you will have your hands full soon....and instead of lamenting that fact, she said, 'I know, I am ready, bring it on'. That's when it all started solidifying for me.
Anyway, support me, join me or get out of my way!
2 comments:
I just stumbled across this blog. I've enjoyed it so far.
http://www.live-happier.com/
I love you. Pam
Post a Comment