Friday, December 25, 2009

A Christmas Miracle

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all!

The 'miracle': for the first time ever in my life...I just finished a bottle of really nice red wine with my dad and brother! It was just the 3 of us drinking it, and we started and finished it...we normally have a cocktail with our Christmas gifts, a tradition we started a few years back...but my dad has always been a beer drinker, and we always had margaritas or martinis when mom was alive...but today, we opted for red. Sorry to be so blown away by it, but it is just so unreal to me! My dad is/was a life-long beer drinker...

Anyway, we had a GREAT Christmas. Santa came last night and was very generous with the boys. They woke up this morning to lots of goodies! I will post photos from today soon.

After we got through Santa's gifts, we had a nice breakfast, got dressed and went for a long walk in our neighborhood. We even stopped in a few of the vacant homes to check them out. The boys were ready to just pack up and move to one :) The we came home and while the boys played with their new toys, David and I got a nice long workout in the basement...a whole hour and 4 miles on the eliptical for me - YEAH! :) and treadmill and sauna for David. Then showers and then my family came over.

We had our late lunch with them - yummy veggies and roasted chicken and homemade rolls! Then we opened our gifts. I think everyone is thrilled with their gifts! The boys and I got David a framed print of the boys in their Georgia shirts. We went to Picture People this week to get them done...here are all the photos from our sitting.





Now, we are on our way to Granny and Oupa's for dinner. What a long and happy day! Really miss mom, but I know she would have been thrilled with how we celebrated!

2 comments:

Jen said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE their portraits! handsome boys!

Jen said...

and glad that you got to spend some time with just your dad and brother. hope you all are doing well.