Saturday, July 18, 2009

Girl Time

I have had my share of girl time lately. I had bunco night on Thursday at my neighbor's house. Amanda came along with me, and we had a great time! I had never played bunco, but it was lots of fun.

The boys had a mini-camp on Friday morning at MyGym with Noah. Ryan was so cute, he was so afraid that he wasn't going to get to stay, that when I called him over to say goodbye, he kept his distance and said, "I want to stay, I want to stay". I used the time to run some errands and get a massage!

Friday night was my long awaited sleep-over with my BFFs from NCHS (high school and before atually!) We planned it months ago because our five schedules are so full and different and because Dawn doesn't even live in this state right now (she is in the process of moving from MN to TX!) Anyway, David and the boys were nice enough (and I have to give them a HUGE thanks for doing that) to spend the evening/night at D's parent's house so that we could have the house all to ourselves - no hubbies, no babies (we have 9 of them between us!)...we had so much fun! Then on Saturday, the Cannon family came over in the afternoon. Wy and I went to get our hair cuts while the guys played with the boys in the back yard. Then we all grilled out a YUMMY dinner! We also began Ryan's birthday celebration since JP can't attend his party next weekend. Ryan's actual b-day is on Tuesday, and we are hosting a small pool party for him next Sunday, but in our usual style, we will celebrate for at least a week :)

Today, the fun contines as have a birthday party for Aaron, one of Ethan's classmates. We are friends with the whole family, and Aaron has a little brother named Eli, so our whole family is invited to his Star Wars party!!! Too bad I don't have a princess Amidala costume :) I think Ethan will go as Darth Maul (if I can find red and black face paint today), and Ryan will be Darth Vader. The costume part will last all of 5 minutes I am sure...but the boys are very excited about it! I really wish I could send Ryan as Yoda...he is just so Yoda-like anyway....and it would be so cute! But not sure how to pull that off!

No comments: