We left at 5:30am to ride down together. We parked near the finish line at Piedmont Park and took Marta to the start. David's time group started at 7:30am and mine at 8:45am and the others somewhere in the middle. David was finished before we even got started! Can you imagine, there were so over 50 THOUSAND people participating in the race along with another 2-3K volunteers and spectators!
The weather was amazing this year so we got REALLY lucky. The temps were lower than usual as well as the humidity, and there was a slight breeze. It made all the difference really. I think I speak for all of us when I say that it was a great experience and a real sense of accomplishment to finish it and be part of Atlanta history.
A photo of the start - are we in there?
Ang, Michelle and Kristy at the start
David finishing (time = 53:12)
Kristy and I at the finish (time = 1:36:20)

This week, where has it gone...Ryan has speech every week on Wednesday. I have softball on Wednesday nights still for another 2 weeks. We've had a couple of playdates. It just flies by.
Kristy's grandfather passed away on Tuesday. He lived a long, full and healthy life and went suddenly from a heart attack, so we should all be so lucky. Our sympathies go out to the family, and we will be going to pay our respects tonight with the funeral being tomorrow morning.
I think that's it for now....can someone please tell me how to get this ride to slow down a bit so that I can catch my breath! I can't believe that my 'baby' will be 4 years old in a couple of weeks!!!
Almost forgot, got a book recommendation for you all. It's Ophelia by Lisa Klein. It is an extension of Shakespear's Hamlet but from a slightly different angle; that of Ophelia, an intelligent, strong, young woman living in a male controlled world. It's very insightful and eloquently written keeping with the period in all ways but incredibly 'readable'. Highly recommend you pick it up - a quick, rewarding read! It was published in 2006, so I am sure you can find it at the used book store or library (like I did!)
Ang, Michelle and Kristy at the start
David finishing (time = 53:12)
Kristy and I at the finish (time = 1:36:20)
Sorry, but I don't have any photos of Rob or Andrew or times for anyone else, but they can share in the comments if they are so inclined :) I think that we all might do it again next year! Oh, and THANKS to Alan who took the boys for the morning and made it possible for David and I to both take part!
After the Peachtree, we headed home for showers and then to Lynne and Matt's for a BBQ. From there, we were off to friends (Ken and Tracy's) for another BBQ and fireworks. The Whitehurst family was there as well....and long story short, Lauren broke her arm while playing near the swing in the back yard. Poor thing, but by now, she has a pink cast in place and is fine.
After all the excitement on Saturday, we took it easy on Sunday. Almost forgot, on Friday, we took the boys to see Ice Age 3; it was really cute!
After all the excitement on Saturday, we took it easy on Sunday. Almost forgot, on Friday, we took the boys to see Ice Age 3; it was really cute!
This week, where has it gone...Ryan has speech every week on Wednesday. I have softball on Wednesday nights still for another 2 weeks. We've had a couple of playdates. It just flies by.
Kristy's grandfather passed away on Tuesday. He lived a long, full and healthy life and went suddenly from a heart attack, so we should all be so lucky. Our sympathies go out to the family, and we will be going to pay our respects tonight with the funeral being tomorrow morning.
I think that's it for now....can someone please tell me how to get this ride to slow down a bit so that I can catch my breath! I can't believe that my 'baby' will be 4 years old in a couple of weeks!!!
Almost forgot, got a book recommendation for you all. It's Ophelia by Lisa Klein. It is an extension of Shakespear's Hamlet but from a slightly different angle; that of Ophelia, an intelligent, strong, young woman living in a male controlled world. It's very insightful and eloquently written keeping with the period in all ways but incredibly 'readable'. Highly recommend you pick it up - a quick, rewarding read! It was published in 2006, so I am sure you can find it at the used book store or library (like I did!)
No comments:
Post a Comment