Ryan has had a big developmental leap in the past week. He is very VERY expressive lately. His speech QUALITY is getting better, but mainly his QUANTITY is through the roof. He scarcely stops talking. He goes on and on about any and everything to anyone who will listen and even some who won't. I do love it, but I also have to admit that it is exhausting sometimes. Sometimes, at the end of a long day, my brain wants to just turn off and rest, but Ryan still wants to engage in conversation. It is quite adorable though. You will see what I mean if you see him soon.
Max had his surgery on Monday and according to Amanda, he is resting well at home and doing well.
I have to admit that I am turning my anxiety to Ryan now. I have been in denial mode for a while, but the surgery is in less than two days, so by this time tomorrow I will be in (hopefully well hidden) freak out mode. It will be especially tough for me I think this time because the last people I was in surgery with were my mom and dad. I have never had more anxiety and fear, worry, doubt (all the big guys) than with my dad's open heart surgery and my mom's [minor] vocal cord surgery. I feel this is bringing it all back. I have realized that you just never know. When I expect something to be tough and hit me hard, it often doesn't, but when I least expect is, boom where did all that pent up emotion come from...so maybe we will get through fine. I have to say, eye drops have been easier this time around so far, knocking on wood....(we have to start them 3 days pre-surgery). Ryan just keep saying, I can't wait for my surgery because then I get to eat ice cream...poor guy, doesn't know what 'surgery' is. The good thing is that he isn't nervous or apprehensive about it at all like an adult would be - guess ignorance really can be bliss.
We had a GREAT but busy weekend - seeing a trend? The weather was AMAZING - got into the 80's! We had to break out the shorts! David did his 10k on Saturday am while I did my spin-a-thon. I had done the high def class on Friday night, and we did a million squats and lunges, so by the end of spin, I thought my bum might fall off (now, would that really be a problem?) We had Lauren's b-day party at Pump It Up in the afternoon and that was like another workout since all the parents had as much fun playing as the kids. Kristy and I even challenged each other to a race through the obstacle inflatable - it was a tie! Then Wy, Lance and JP came over and we grilled dinner and had a GREAT evening outside. Sunday, we went for a 10.6 mile bike ride and stopped for a picnic in the middle. It was so nice, but again, my leg/bum muscles were screaming at me.
Having a good week with David in town all week as his trip to New Orleans was postponed. I am working on some HOA issues this week. We had to meet with an attorney yesterday (I know a GREAT local firm is anyone needs an attorney!). We hope to have our issues resolved and a board elected by the end of the month.
Wish us lots of luck for Thursday!
2 comments:
Good luck with Ryan's surgery! I hope it all goes smoothly & the anticipation is usually worse than the reality!
Good job on the spin class & all the lunges. I have had some serious periformus issues (not sure on spelling) & my butt feels like it has a million knots in it. If only it was as firm & tight on the outside!
Good Luck tomorrow! We'll be praying for you!!!
wsc
Post a Comment