Ethan had his urology apt today and all is well. He won't need any follow-up or anything. His pediatrician just wanted him to be seen by a specialist after his 5 year check up in Novemeber, so cross that off the list! Not that I thought there was anything wrong, but that's a relief.
Ryan has his follow-up with his ENT again in a couple of weeks. We will likely be making a decision on whether or not he will need surgery at that time. He seems to be doing fairly well on his medication, so we will see.
We are headed into a crazy busy few days....Paige arrives from Colorado tomorrow night. Before we fetch her at the airport, we have to go to my uncle's viewing and before that, dinner with Oupa and Andrew (Marilyn and Alan are in Cape Town right now for Grant's bar mitzvah). Before that, the boys have school and the first session of their after-school cooking class! That was Ryan's big reward for going in the potty - which is going SO WELL by the way. It really is much easier to wait for them to be ready. I don't think the stress would have been worth the extra 4-6 months of no diapers.
Friday is VIP day at the boys' school. Oupa is going to be Ethan's VIP and David will be Ryan's - they go with them from 9:30-11:30 and have the classes have lots of fun planned for them. We have PC's funeral at 2pm, so Paige has agreed to hang out at our house with the boys.
Saturday, Paige, Kristy, Lauren and I have a spa day at Three13...can't wait...David will be taking the boys to a birthday party for the triplets in Ryan's class - that's right - TRIPLETS as in 3 of them....in one single pregnancy, that family had more children than I have! Sorry, sometimes I can't wrap my mind around it :) Then for dinner we dinner plans with Wy and Lance and Amanda, Paige, Kristy and Rob. We've got a couple of sitters lined up for our 6 kids!!!
Sunday, my birthday, the birthday that will no longer make it possible for me to think of myself as being in my 'early thirties' -UGGG - no big plans for the day....David will take the boys to Noah' birthday (from Ethan's class) at Monkey Joes, but I am free to wallow in my own disgust. Let's just hope there won't be any cake or chocolate in the house or it might all go missing that day - calories don't count on your birthday right?!?!
I am SO looking forward to Paige's visit....truth be told - I wish she would move back to GA! Not that I keep that a secret...the world knows where I stand on that and most things...not very good at keeping things to myself...open book and all...well, maybe she will consider if I find her a job (in Accounting/CPA if anyone has good leads) and a man to date (28-40, single, handsome if anyone has leads) and a place to live (with me for now - we do have 6 bedrooms after all)...what more can a girl want - add water and bam, instant life!
David is in Minnesota - well, as I type this, he is on a plan on his way back to GA...but it is COLD here and COLDER there....have I mentioned I HATE winter...hopefully he got some good business out of this trip :) Heck, if anyone has any good leads on any Business Intelligence or Enterprise Planning business, let me know about that too! Oh and the good thing is that he ended up being able to meet up with Terry (Dawn's hubby) for dinner while there :)
Since the boys and I were alone, Amanda took us to dinner for my b-day last night...we had 'man makes the fire' AKA hibachi. It was so good...too good! I guess my b-day is good for something after all.
Oh, I'll leave you with this. It's a photo of my mom that a distant relative gave me - I met her at the family reunion back in August and she was nice enough to make me a copy of a photo she had. Don't know when it was taken, but mom is likely in her early to mid 20's. It's a very nice photo and it makes me really happy and really sad all at the same time. Finally feel ready to share it..jpg)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Ang,
I can get your and/or Paige the names & contact info. of 2 accounting recruiters in the ATL area if Paige is interested.
Steph
And forgot to say that I could always turn in her resume at my firm. Other state & local tax people I'm not sure what else they are looking for...
Steph (again...)
Beautiful picture of your mom! Smiling, I always remember that about her. jen
Post a Comment