I guess the bliss all started last Thursday when Paige arrived from CO. We had gone to dinner with Benjy and Andrew in Sandy Springs earlier in the evening and then headed to my uncle PC's viewing in Acworth and then to the airport to pick up Paige at 9pm. We were exhausted but happy!
Then Friday, Paige and I met Wynita for lunch (the 16th is her actual b-day). Paige picked the boys up in carpool and babysat them while we went to the funeral. Which was nice as far as funerals go....he was 74 and lived a VERY full life. The weather was VERY cold and bleak and was just what a funeral should be like on a sound stage in Hollywood.
Saturday, we had a spa morning at Three13 with Paige, Kristy, Wy and I - all my college roommates except McMillan who is too far away in Alaska. And Kristy's daughter, Lauren joined us and got her hair styled w/glitter. For dinner, we had plans with a small group. Kristy, Wy and I were sharing a babysitter and there were 6 kids among us...can you believe that!?!? The location was a surprise, and it ended up being Pappasitos which was SO YUMMY as always! But, the real surprise was that there was a big group of our friends there to surprise Wy and I for our birthday dinner! Great food and Great friends (and a tasty margarita), who could ask for more???

Sunday and Monday were uneventful - Paige and I just hung out and did a bit of shopping, but nothing exciting, but it was immensely nice...just to hang out together and chat. Then the boys and I dropped her back at the airport after school on Monday...she is settled back in CO now.
Now that the birthday weekend is over, I plan to use the rest of January to get some long-standing items off my to-do list. I got my oil changed on Monday, got a crack in my windshield repaired today, got some returns done, and a few other things off my list. We have a very busy year, so it's better to have as much off the plate as possible.
Almost forgot the most exciting birthday gift of all....David gave me a trip to NY over Valentines weekend for my b-day/V-day gift! Can you imagine, we will be seeing Phantom of the Opera on BROADWAY ON Valentines Night in arguably, one of the most romantic cities in the world....can it get better than that? Now, if we weren't married, I would be getting big red flags that a proposal was coming, but well, that's just not possible! Just very excited that we are getting away....not so excited about the cold - my 2nd trip to NY and both have been in the winter...need to do a warmer trip next time - and bringt he boys. There are tons of Broadway and off-Broadway showes for kids now - Little Mermaid, Shrek (new), Lion King, A bubble one!?
Oh, and then last night, we met my dad, Chris and Amy for dinner to celebrate my b-day. It was nice. One more celebration on Friday - Andrew's birthday is that day and Matt's is the next week on the 29th, so we are doing a joint celebration is Friday with dinner and game night :)
1 comment:
McMillan was still thinking about you guys. I will be down there at the end of June :)
Happy birthday!
Post a Comment