Started by dropping the boys off on Friday at Grandy & Oupa's for the night. We stopped by to get movie tickets but Get Smart wasn't playing, so we decided to go for dinner instead. We went casual with Taco Mac and sat outside on the patio, and it was so nice. Had a great dinner and great conversation....a true 'date' night. Then home to bed so that we could get up early (what get up early when there are no children to run into your room in the morning)...well, we wanted to do a big bike ride...so, we hit the trail and did almost 11 miles.
Then home and threw our Georgia peach French Toast bake in the oven to take for brunch at Cotswold. Had a great meal with the family including John and Susan visiting from CT. Then David and everyone except Grandy headed to the Braves game while the boys and I headed home (any GA native knows it is way too hot/humid to go to a day game in August)....we caught up on naps and laundry.
Today (Sunday), we went for a walk/run to the elementary school and the boys played on the playground while we used the track...then showered and headed to my family reunion. It was tough without mom - I missed her...but dad made it, and I am VERY proud of him for that. Mom would have been VERY happy that we all made it. And everyone there was so great, and it was nice to see everyone...I feel I have a responsibility to stay connected to that part of our family now that mom is gone. It would just be too tragically sad to just fall away from them.
Finished the day off with some errands and chores at home (we now have cabinets and counters in the laundry room!) and now, David is all packed up and ready to go to Miami for the week...he leaves VERY early in the am (around 5am - yikes!).
The boys and I have a packed week - the last week before school. We have 3-4 playdates, a girls night, dinner with Grandy and Oupa, orientation and open house at school and 2-3 dr appointments for dad and my grandma - still plan to workout EVERY day this week starting at 6am tomorrow morning! Wish me luck with that!
Have a GREAT week everyone!
2 comments:
Can you imagine what you would do if you had to leave the house for a job? How would you get everything done? LOL! Stay motivated with working out! I know it's hard but you have shown all of us that you can overcome!
Love the kids' beds. They are great. How do they like being in separate rooms?
wsc
Post a Comment