Thursday, July 03, 2008

Holiday Weekend

Our first bike ride last weekend was pretty successful....and didn't make us very sore at all. We went to the Silver Comet Trail and did about 1 mile with Ethan on his bike and then put his bike away and put him in the trailer with Ryan and did about another 6-7 miles. We will probably do another ride on Friday. David wants to run a 10K in honor of the Peachtree Road Race, so the boys and I will bike while he does that.

Last Saturday night, we had a date night with our neighbors Andy and Silke Wahl while their son, Noah, had a playdate night with our boys and Ashley. It was great...we went to Pastis, a french restaurant in Historic Roswell. I highly recommend you try it.

On Sunday, I woke up with a very sore throat. I had felt a bit yuck on Friday and Saturday, but it really hit on Sunday. We still went through with our brunch plans for Sunday to go to Meehans to meet Amanda and Michael...but maybe we shouldn't have since it seems that my bad luck of late has rubbed off on their new, budding relationship, and now Amanda is officially giving up on men! If you know any GREAT eligible bachelors, please let me know ASAP!! Amanda is a great person, and I must restore her faith in man-kind! Please think hard - you never know who might make a great connection!

Regardless, the food was ok (but I was sick, so I can't judge)...and they were showing the soccer European Cup, so David was happy.

David has been in town this week. We had dinner on Monday night with Amanda at our new favorite Italian place, Fazinos. Tuesday, we had dinner with Alan and Andrew at Boneheads. Seems like we have been eating too much - maybe that is why I have not been able to lose any weight despite working out every day for an hour!

Well, I also had my appointment with my hematologist on Tuesday afternoon. It is Dr Volas-Redd and she is GREAT...also dad's doctor which is how I knew her. Nothing really to report. They took a lot of blood to test for a lot of scary things, but none of them is particularly likely as I am missing symptoms, but everyone is different. I basically just have the swollen lymph nodes (which are even more swollen right now due to the sore throat). She also sent me to have a neck CT scan which is next Friday. I will see her again in 3 weeks (on 7/21 - Ryan's birthday) to go over results of everything.

Dad is getting anxious/ready for his surgery. He is seeing his lung doctor today for final clearance (we hope) and getting his final blood draw this afternoon. Then there is nothing to do until Monday. We have to be there at 5:30am for a LONG day! He will likely then be in the hospital for the rest of the week, but David is in town next week as well, so that will be nice. I also have Ashley back next week (hope she is having fun in NYC!).

A little more bad news, Amy, Chris's girlfriend lost the baby. She had a miscarriage earlier this week. Our thoughts and prayers go out to them. It was early, but it is still a tough loss.

Today, we are on our way now to meet a friend for lunch (not Amanda - since Ethan informed me yesterday that we were spending too much time with Amanda and he wanted to do something with our other friends :) This evening, we might go to a local church in our area that had a big fire works display tonight -and FREE icecream. Tomorrow, the bike ride in the am and then we are having my family over to grill out for lunch and then are going to Jill and Derrick's for dinner and more fireworks at the Country Club of Roswell - right next to their house. No other plans for the weekend, but we have things to do around the house and pirate party prep for Ry's 3rd birthday in 2 weeks!

1 comment:

heather said...

Oh my heart just breaks for Amy and Chris. Personally I know that early lose. To me a baby is a baby and it just plain sucks. It's such an empty beat yourself up pain ... what has helped me though is if it weren't for Faith (what we named our baby in her short short life) I wouldn't have Riordan, Teagan, or Aislinn... Funny how that all works out. My prayers for a healing heart are with her and Chris.