Sunday, December 16, 2007

My new job

I am officially going back to work - well, sort of, just very part time. Here is the cliff notes version:

Wynita is working for a new company, TestTools (after HomeBanc went under). They provide software to public schools in California and Florida to prep students for standardized testing. The owner and CEO lives here (in Roswell) and move the HQ here recently...it is just he and Wy in the local office with some employees in Cali and FLA. So, Wy called me to see if I knew anyone that could help with some basic marketing support for a few hours a week. I told her that if I could do some/most of it from home, then I might be able to help. I ended up meeting with her and the owner last Tuesday, and the position changed a bit and so did the hours, but we were able to come to an agreement by the end of the week.

I will currently be helping them with an ongoing web site re-development project AND developing a tech support infrastructure among other things and working around 10-15 hours a week. I have arranged to have my mom every Tuesday to help with the boys as I don't plan for this to impact them (they will continue to go to preschool three mornings a week but that's it). It works out well, because my mom wanted to add a couple new houses after the first of the year (to remind you, she cleans houses part-time for herself), but now she will just do this for us.

I am excited to be 'producing' something besides fabulous boys and having an outlet for myself. We are going to see how it works out. I am going in to the office for a few hours tomorrow (Monday) to get started.

David is back in Raleigh for the week - his last before the holidays. We had a great weekend....mainly laid back. Family dinner at our house on Friday night...then some shopping on Saturday and it was cold and rainy on Saturday night so we stayed in and D built us a fire - the boys love fires and are so good about staying away from them. Then today, just catching up on chores at home, and the boys and I went to a b-day party for one of Ry's classmates at the Little Gym which was fun.

It is cold here! And it seems even colder because this time last week it was in the 70's!!

No comments: