I absolutely can not believe that the day has come, but here we are...about to leave the US for our LONG journey to Cape Town, South Africa. We are mostly prepared - I think! It is a long flight, but we have lots of toys and movies. Did I mention that it is a LONG flight? We leave ATL around 4pm today and fly to Johannesburg with a re-fueling stop in the middle of the night. Then we have to take a South African Airways flight from Jo'burg to Cape Town which has two potential issues...1) it is a tight connection and we have to get all our bags and clear customs and immigration and get to the other gate with two boys and all our stuff and speaking of all our bags 2) because that is considered a domestic flight within SA (it was not part of the same itinary) then we are held to a different luggage weight limit...and we called to see if we could combine it across all 4 of us but no, we can't, so we had to spread our stuff across 4 checked bags so that no one bag won't be too heavy!! What a pain!
But, we will get there hopefully in good spirits, with very few tantrums, and hopefully with all our bags! We could really use your well wishes! I will try to post from SA - I understand that we have internet at our house? We will see. Lots of photos as well.
You guys hold down the fort here in the grand ole US while we are away!
2 comments:
I'm totally gonna have withdrawals! I hope you guys have a great time and I want to see tons of photos of all those great outfits I picked out for you! Oh and don't forget to bring me back something sparkly :) Love you guys! Have lots and lots of fun!!!!!!
Have a safe and happy trip? Send lots of pictures for those of us who have no idea of what South Africa if like. Love Pam
Post a Comment