Sunday, July 15, 2007

Hello From The Hill

Chapel Hill that is...we are winding down our weekend in NC visiting daddy and what a full weekend it has been.

We made really good time driving up on Friday - we were on 75 by 1pm. I got a little worried when both boys fell asleep almost immediately but only slept for about an hour and half (I was hoping - no praying for about 2-3 hours)...but they did well with their books and movies. I was so proud of Ethan...he didn't even ask to go potty until just over 3 hours in which by then I had to go, so we made our first stop and went potty at a gas station and were on the road again...about an hour later we hit our first traffic and E asked to potty again...so, I just pulled over onto a wide side area and let him use his travel potty. Traffic was moving so slow that we barely lost our spot.

The rest was pretty smooth....when we were about 13 minutes away from our hotel home, we hit some bad traffic/road work, so I used the GPS and found an alternate route and it worked like a charm...we surprised David by getting in around 7pm. We ordered room service for dinner and then headed to the pool for a while (the boys really needed to get out all their energy since they had been in the car all day).

We got up early on Sat am...had free breakfast at the hotel...and headed to the airport to return D's rental car and then straight to Raleigh to a neat place I found online called Playspace. We played there all morning...until around 1pm and then we drove around the quaint area just outside downtown Raleigh...we found a great place to eat called East Village. Then we headed back to the hotel for naps. After short naps, we went to the pool for a quick swim and then headed to down town Chapel Hill for dinner....

All you Athens people....the one part of campus we saw (UNC Chapel Hill) looked JUST LIKE north campus...and it was adjacent to a down town with restaurants, shops, bars etc that was just like Athens...it was a weird feeling. We had dinner at a place called Top of The Hill which is a local tradition...very nice! Good views...good food. Then we walked around for a while, but most shops were closing and the nightlife was starting up, so we headed back for the evening.

Then Today (Sunday) - up early and free breakfast again...then headed to Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach...the closest beach which was about 2.5 hours away. Right when we got to the beach and unloaded ourselves it rained on us!!! It was a quick 10 minute rain and then nice again, but the timing was bad...we got wet (in our non-beach clothes), but it was ok and we proceeded to have about 4 hours of fun at the beach. Then we changed and headed back....the boys slept most of the drive back.

We came back to the hotel and had showers...then picked up dinner...and now, getting prepped to come home and D is getting some paperwork together. Ready for the long drive back tomorrow and a busy week. David flies back Wed night late and then flies out to NJ on Thursday early...and back Friday am.

I don't think I got too many good photos - it is tough to have the camera at the right place at the right time and to get both boys to look, etc....but I will post what I have as soon as I get home and get them uploaded.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Glad you got there safely and that you're having a good time! Just know, there will be no blogging on our little girl's trip missy!!!!