Monday, March 07, 2011

Smiles from Heaven

We suffered a tremendous loss today.  The matriarch of our family has passed on to a better place.  She lived a rich, full long life of 91 years and has left behind 5 of the 8 of her children, 21 grandchildren, 22 great grandchildren and 8 great great grandchildren.  Her life was not always an easy one, but I don't recall ever hearing her complain.  She was full of love, compassion and determination.  She will be greatly missed.

This evening as we were bringing Ginger in from her last potty break, I noticed the moon peeking through the dark, clouded sky.  I pointed it out to the boys because they love the moon's phases, and it just looked cool (it was a sliver crescent).  Ethan said, I think that is Grandma Swanson and MawMaw smiling down to us...and sure enough it was a crescent open upward as a smile.  I tried to get a photo of it, but was not successful with the lighting as it was.  I don't recall ever seeing a crescent moon in that position...wow!

The funeral is Thursday.  I knew this day would come but still wish it hadn't.  Really puts in perspective....I was just planning for another busy but mundane week and then Monday brought this.  I am happily putting together a memorial DVD which involves lost of photo gathering and scanning and music selection.  I am also handling all the paperwork and such.  The least I can do.

No comments: