What a schizophrenic week we are having...earlier this week it was raining and we even had a tornado nearby, then it was hot and humid again - had to break out the shorts and t-shirts again - it was in the 80's with humidity! Today, we are back to crisp, fall weather, in the 60's. Two things I am proud/happy about...1) still haven't had to turn on the air or heat; we are at 2 months now of not using either!! It is a matter of pride and stubbornness at this point (I can manage the upstairs windows to keep the house at an acceptable temperature :) but the side effect of low bills (our last month electric bill was 40+% less than the one before - savings of about $300!!!) AND the environmental-friendly aspect is nice too :) and 2) I managed to dress the boys in Halloween shirts EVERY day this week since they both have 5-7 shirts in their respective sizes that are both short and long-sleeved. They were so cute!! Wish I had gotten a photo every day...oh well, there's always next year!
It's Friday - that means we are headed into a weekend!! We get to sleep beyond 6:30am (if we are lucky, to about 7 or 7:30!!), David is home and we will hopefully win the game against Florida! And, it happens to be Halloween and trick-or-treating, and the excited energy from all the kiddies is contagious!!! Can't wait to get some photos and sugar up the kids! AND, it is someone's birthday....and we are celebrating Saturday night together! We'll likely do a ghost tour. Bottom lining it for you, looking forward to a GREAT weekend with GREAT weather, GREAT people and GREAT things!
Today...well, today, I have already gone to Ryan's class's Friday morning 'cooking' where we made cat cookies, I've bake challah, put together the PTA's e-newsletter for next week, finalized our neighborhood directory, made a couple of appointments, gone to the chiro, bake challah for tonight (from scratch) and all before 10am! Now, it's time for a workout and quick shower then I might go try to early vote so I don't have to drag the boys with me next Tuesday.
Happy Halloween!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment