Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy October

This blog entry comes to you in the final hours of September 2010 - another one in the history books peeps and the hits just keep coming! It was another fab month for us despite a broken appendage on my part.

Moving forward always, October is probably *the* busiest, funnest, best month of the year for us! We have the birthday of our first born, D's birthday, BFF Amanda's birthday, Halloween AND our anniversary as the big mile markers of the month, toss in a bit of crisp fall weather, a dash of College football and spice it all up with all the festivals and events that are always part of October (pumpkin patch, corn maize, etc.) and you end up with a tasty stew of fun!

I will do my best to keep you up to date and take tons of photos (just exchanged my 'purse camera' at Costco, so I need to give the new, water-proof one a good go anyway!)

Off to the UGA game this weekend - the first game I have been to in ages and the first time I have been to the great state of Colorado in ages too. Thrilled to visit Paige and enjoy the tailgating/game with Paige, Wy and David! Go Dawgs!

The shoulder is still a pain in my - well shoulder I guess! This is a real lesson for me in patience and knowing one's limits...afterall, while I am annoyed that I can't fuse bone faster than the average person, I know that I am healing and will one day be able to get back to 'normal'.

The boys and I are almost finished with the first Harry Potter book. We have REALLY enjoyed it - even more than I thought we might. We will watch the first movie within the next week or so, and I will have Ethan prepare a 'book report' to share w/you.

Ryan is beginning to read! When we read one of his books, he picks out the site words he knows (which is a constantly growing list), and almost every night, we learn a new one! He has a community helper parade at school tomorrow, and I am going to go and take photos. He is going to be a fireman. A cute thing to share about him....he is not big on kisses in general, but he has started telling me that I can't have a kiss because I have on 'lipskip' (his way of saying lipstick)...super cute!

Ethan had a performance at the PTA meeting tonight. I got some of it on video but haven't uploaded it yet, so I can't tell if it is good enough to share, but was it ever cute! They sang some songs - one about Stranger Danger and one about Peanut Butter.

No comments: