Friday, August 27, 2010

This week...

I always wonder why I am so TIRED by Friday, and struggle to fell like I accomplished anything at all. Then I started thinking (dangerous I know!). This week I:

1) Sent out 3 email campaigns to almost 500 people for Addison and made edits to the PTA website
2) Attended an 1.5 hour PTA fundraiser meeting
3) Attended a 2 hour Communications team meeting
4) Ran close to 10 miles (total), did the eliptical for an hour, and spent 2 hours at the Y doing spin and weights
5) Planned and prepared HEALTHY meals for the boys and I
6) Ran errands/shopped for 3 hours
7) Spent 5 hours at the salon getting a new look
8) Posted to the blog - more than once
10) Joined a new BzzCampaign for Publix
11) Had lunch with both boys
12) Spent almost 3 hours at karate
13) Spent 2 hours at soccer
14) Spent an hour at speech therapy
15) Got our sprinkler system repaired - and a tutorial on how it works - I can now winterize and program the thing (we have only been in our house 5 years!)
16) Had lunch w/ a friend
17) Had dinner w/family
18) Created a reward/allowance system for the boys and started using it (once it was approved by our CFO/dad)
19) Spoke to an attorney on my dad's behalf
20) Oversaw and assisted with homework daily
21) Bathed, brushed and otherwise groomed two squirmy boys and got them to be ON TIME every night!
22) Read a book (of my own) - AT soccer, karate, speech :)
23) Got a message and saw the chiropractor
24) Scheduled Ethan's 7 year check up for October
25) Did 5 loads of laundry (including all the bedding)

Well, sure there is more - just the amount of time that I spend on email and researching on the internet takes hours! And all the follow-up items from my meetings. When I see it like this...I realize that I was super busy AND productive AND have a reason to be wiped out! I also see a good balance of personal and volunteer items, things I love to do and things that are 'for me-time' as well as chores, driving, etc. This was and was not a typical week, but overall, I am content with it....and will try to cut myself some slack to actually add 'sit down and rest' to the list for next week :)

No comments: