They boys and I had our Friday evening to ourselves since David flew in late. We went to karate and then a quick dinner at home and a change of clothes/gear and then to soccer skills clinic. We get there, and find them, and as we are walking up, we see that there are 25-30 GIRLS ages ~8-12...NO boys, NO smaller kids. The skills clinic is open to all players on all leagues at the Y, so that is just who showed up...
The boys were not so thrilled, but we were there, so we stayed. It turned out really well for them. for the last 45 minutes, after the drills, they scrimmaged, and it was challenging for the boys to keep up w/the action and get in the game, but they did! Very proud of them! It was just comical...looked like my little men with a bunch of Amazon women!
And backing up a bit, I also had lunch with the boys at school on Friday. While sitting w/Ryan, a girl from his pre-K class last year walked by and we said hi to her. One of Ryan's classmates said, "that's Ryan's girl friend". Ryan said no, and I said, well, she is a girl and a friend. Ryan says "No mom, they mean a girlfriend that I kiss on the lips" (insert impatient tone). :) In Kindergarten!!! Then later at home, Ethan tells me that his friend Malcolm has a girlfriend. (Ethan wasn't present of didn't know about Ryan's conversation earlier; it was just a coincidence). I tell him that it is sweet to have a girl friend; that girls can be good friends. He says that he has to tell me something in my ear and comes over to me....at this moment, I am thrilled that my son is about to confide something to me AND hoping that it isn't more than I want to hear from my 6 year old. He comes over, swears me to secrecy via a pinky swear (so don't mention this to Ethan!), and says "he kisses her...on the lips".
Wow, I was thinking this type of thing wouldn't happen until at least 5th grade or middle school....so not ready for this!
No comments:
Post a Comment