I am feeling very pampered this mothers day season...really, why just relegate all the celebrating to just one day?!?
I got a massage at my fav salon today...and it was FREE! If you know me at all, you know that if there is one thing I like more than a massage, it is a FREE massage! It was part of my gift card package that David and the boys got me at the holidays...I just haven't gotten around to using it until now, and I must say that my timing was impeccable.
I am getting a pedi on Friday with a friend (a mom from Ry's class)....the only thing to make that better would be if I could have either a starbucks OR (and?) a martini in my hand, but alas, my new eating plan won't allow it :) Maybe I will put my water in a starbucks or martini glass :)
Then on the weekend, I get to spend time with some of my best girlfriends as we walk/run together at the 5K...that night, David and I are going to a FREE (that's right, my favorite word again!) outdoor concert featuring Sister Hazel.
Sunday, likely my low carb breakfast will be served in bed :) Then we will go visit my mom's grave, BBQ at our house and have family over (yum and yeah!), then go to T-ball. The boys and I will end the day with a movie in my bed.
HEAVEN! This will be one happy mom! The only blemish on the day is that I won't be able to touch, hug or wish my own mom a special day :(
Oh, and my gift (as if all that isn't enough)...the boys and I will likely be able to join David and the rest of his family (except Matt and Alyssa) in New Jersey in July for a family wedding. It was looking like we couldn't go; afterall, it is a big ordeal and quite expensive to fly a family of four anywhere...but we think we found a way to make it happen!! This means that I get the gift of family time for my mother's day!!! Family time with my hubby and kids AND extended family time at a VERY happy occasion!!! Score! AND, I think we will stay over an extra night in NY and see some sites w/the boys!! Then we will likely all fly out to Cali together!
I have to give big credits to David, he knew that the thing I value most is family and that by [the boys] giving it to me, he/they were giving me the best gift of all! Arguably better than a big jewelry gift in a little blue Tiffany's box?!?!!
Hope you all are as fortunate, loved, appreciated and celebrated as I feel!
No comments:
Post a Comment