Monday, December 14, 2009

New Car & Summer Camps (REALLY?!?)

What a crazy weekend! David got back very late Friday, actually it was early Saturday by the time he got home. He was up and out early to car shop while the boys and I attended our HOA meeting. The bad news is that it literally took ALL DAY! The good news is that he found a new car! We both love it. It is another BMW, he adores them after all...it is a 2007 335i - certified pre-owned and in pristine condition at just 26K miles. All tricked out with blue tooth, GPS, satellite radio, premium sound, etc...but get this, no heated seats which is probably my all-time favorite feature!!! Can't have it all I guess.

The funniest part is that on Sunday, David took us for a drive around the neighborhood so that the boys could check-out the new car. Once he was settled into the car, Ethan said, "Daddy, pinky promise me that you won't crash this car or ever again!". Apparently, he picked up the pinky swear thing at school, but I had totally forgotten about that, and it brought back fond memories. Of course, David said he would do his absolute best.

Hanukkah is in full swing. The boys love helping to light the candles every night. They only wish we were celebrating with more people. I suppose they get their social tendencies from me (after all, isn't everything better shared with the ones we love?) and also, I guess they get that holidays are a great time to celebrate with extended family, friends and community. Of course, they like the gifts...even though they both got books and chocolate coins last night (3rd night), and at first, Ethan looked a bit deflated, but he quickly rebounded and thanked me for the gifts....we have been working on the gratitude gift game :)

We are all looking forward to Friday night. We are celebrating last night of Hanukkah with a dinner at Heathermere (A&A's place) with the whole ATL family, and we will sorely miss Neil and Stacie! We will have great food, light candles and do a gift exchange.

Then, before we know it, it will be Christmas. Planning to finish all my holiday shopping tomorrow! Hopefully it won't be too crowded out on a Tuesday, but you never know! It would be nice if I would just remember everyone the first time around, but I just realized we didn't get a gift or card for Ethan's bus driver :)

Get this...I got in the mail today - today, mid-December, a catalog for SUMMER camp. Is it REALLY time to start thinking about summer camps?? I guess if you plan to give summer camp as a gift it might be, but I think I will let that simmer a bit longer.

No comments: