Sunday, October 18, 2009

Enjoying Life...

Let me take you back...to last Friday, around 2:40pm...end of the school day...weekend beginning for the boys and I. I pick Ryan up at his school and then we both walk to the bus stop to get Ethan off the bus. We had just gotten back to the house and got the boys a snack, and I begin to unpack their backpacks and folders. First, Ryan's folder. We had been asked to send in magazines about a month ago so that the kids could find depictions of their families which made me a bit nervous that Ryan would end up picking a pudgy man or something for me :) So, he finally brings his home in his folder and on first glance I couldn't contain my smile and amusement. (David is just going to love that I scanned this to share :) Ryan did a great job of picking little boys to represent he and Ethan, and while I don't think his selection for me is accurate in any way whatsoever, I have to say that I am thrilled with it...the funny part is that Daddy only got half a face of an older man....my guess is that he was running out of time and had to get something out of the magazine and settled for what he could get. But, it is funny IMO! Sorry Daddy - Ryan doesn't mean it :)
Next, I move on to Ethan's backpack....and I didn't know that it was time, but he had his report card in there!!! And let me say, I got a rush when I saw it - how sick is that - it was like a little high...Hi, my name is Angela, and I am a grades junkie. I open it with slightly trembling hands, mouth going dry, all full of anticipation...and I was NOT let down. His grades in all academic areas and behavior and specials are GREAT! Some were off the charts, literally. They get rated with a 1, 2 or 3 and he was 3+ on some areas!

Friday was Fall Festival at Ethan's school, so we headed over there around 5:30pm. It was FREEZING! Overcast, windy, low 60's and the festival was outside! We managed to have some fun with the inflatables and saw some friends before we headed to dinner at 7:30. We had some Mellow Mushroom, and it was SO GOOD!

Saturday, Amanda and I did our Make a Wish 5K at Marietta Square very early in the morning. Very proud of Amanda - we did our first 5K together!!! David brought the boys to the finish line with signs to cheer us on - it was so sweet! We headed home...David made a fire in the fireplace (oh, how I do LOVE having a real, warm fire, and I love that David is willing to do all the work so that we can have it!). We had lunch and settled in for the UGA game which went well. Around 3:30, Lance, Wy and JP came over. Wy and I went to Three-13 for hair cuts with Brennan and picked up food to grill for dinner. Once again, thankful to David for being willing to grill in the cold so that we could enjoy some good food. It was a full day, and we were ready to snuggle into our warm beds by the end of it all.

Sunday, we got some chores done in the morning then headed to the Y for spin class. Shortly after, David had showered, packed and was heading to the airport for his short trip to Denver this week. The boys and I had showers and headed to Target to spend some time out of the house.

Now, we are facing another busy week. The boys and I may go to the Y this evening either for a weight class or a safety seminar they are hosting tonight. Tomorrow is my brother's birthday! Need to call and make a plan with him. Ethan is out of school early on Wednesday - not sure why, maybe to get ready for conferences (we have Ethan's coming up in a week). Oh, and our ANNIVERSARY (our 8th!!!) is Wednesday! At least Thursday and Friday are pretty open for us as we will need it to prepare for the weekend we have on radar! Just in case I don't get to blog for a while, I will give you a little taste of our Saturday. We will start the day with a workout of some sort (spin class, boot camp, etc.) then we have a b-day party for Ryan and then a Halloween Party for both boys in the afternoon. Then, the best part.....the boys are spending the evening/night with Granny and Oupa while David and I have date night to celebrate our anniversary and D's birthday which is that day! Can't wait! Our Sunday will be low key again - we will need to go on our annual pumpkin patch visit as we haven't fit it in yet.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I look forward to seeing the report card. Love the photo!! I guess taht's what you do all day - lie on a hammock!