Monday, June 15, 2009

Take me out to the ball game...

I see that I have been neglecting you again. Let's just say that the summer is off to a super busy start - some expected and some not. There's lots to fill you in on, so I'll start with the most recent and work my way back until you are all caught up with DARE...





Sunday, we took the boys to the G. Braves game in Gwinnett with the Josset family. It was great...highly recommend it. We had berm tickets which is the lawn behind outfield. It's slightly sloped, so the view is AMAZING. It's like watching the game on a huge, plasma TV. There are also inflatables for the kids right behind us. The kids (and adults) got their fill of junk food and the weather was ideal (overcast and breezy). We loaded up on sunblock and had a great time.



I LOVE this close-up of Ryan! What could be more quintessentially American summer than a little boy with is ball cap on experiencing the excitement of a baseball game. Through this photo alone, you can almost hear the crisp crack of the bat as it makes contact with the ball, the synchronized cheer from the crowd as they leap to their feet, you can smell the fresh hot dogs and peanuts, feel the exhilaration as your home team scores a run, see the lush green outfield contrasted the white bases that look like marshmallows floating in the chocolate brown of the infield. It just transports you there....where the excitement of the game and all it entails and represents lasts for about 3 minutes in a 3-year-old's world :) Glad I captured it with photos!



Oh, funny story from the game. Ethan was asking about super heroes...he said, "if Spiderman is Peter Parker, do the other super heroes have names too?" I told him that BatMan was Bruce Wayne and SuperMan was Clark Kent. Later he was talking about it again, and asked, "Mama, was SuperMan Clark Howard?" I had to say yes, because in my opinion, Clark Howard is SuperMan!!! (for those of you who don't know...Clark Howard is a Consumer Reporter in ATL; he's on the radio and now TV, and I listen to him all the time..so the boys know his voice....well, and I think he's pretty swell)!


Saturday, we spent the bulk of the day at the pool. We hadn't planned to be there for more than a couple of hours, but new neighbors kept coming and going, and the boys were having the best time ever with all their friends!
Last week, the boys had a morning camp at the Y that was 9-12. They had a great time. Ethan requested that I be the last mom to pick-up because they got to play Duck-Duck-Goose at the end.


Ryan had a couple of speech therapy sessions. I had my usual softball on Wednesday night (we won!), and I had book club (my neighborhood's first) on Thursday night.



Almost forgot to wish Happy Birthdays!
Grandpa/Zeida (in South Africa) on June 13th
Kristy Whitehurst on June 13th
Ozan's 4th b-day on June 14th (I believe I got the date right)
Harrison (in South Africa) on June 15th



Speaking of birthdays, I have to get my act together and make final plans for Ryan's. It really is tough to plan a summer b-day....he doesn't have classmates currently...everyone is on vacation....and it either has to be indoors or at the pool. We'll find something fun to do!
Finally, here's a video of Granny and Oupa (D's parents) doing Wii boxing AKA Couples Therapy

4 comments:

The Cannon Family said...

The video is HILARIOUS! They are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Wynita,
That's about the last adjective I would use about us!!!! It was fun while it lasted but I WON - Benjy is a sore loser.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous is Marilyn

Anonymous said...

We went to a Rome Braves game a couple of weeks ago. It was our 1st but not our last. I think I liked it better than the actual Braves.