The boys are out of school at 12 tomorrow and all day on Thursday for Yom Kippur. They have been extra naughty this week so far - or maybe it is just me. I have been very tired this week and everything just seems to really nails-on-a-chalkboard me. They were climbing on the back of the sofa in their playroom last night and knocked our big UGA stadium print off the wall...it crashed down and broke the frame and glass. It was the first gift I gave David when we had just started dating (I remember wrapping it in all black paper and putting a HUGE red ribbon on it). I am sure it can be re-framed, so not the end of the world.
I think part of my short patience with the boys is because we are working with them to change some bahaviors...we think they are both old enough to put away their toys after playing with them at this point and it has become more important now that they both have toys with lots of little pieces that can get lost/misplaced and make the toys worthless (puzzles, games, building toys, etc.), but old habits die hard and they are accustomed to getting something out to play with and leaving it as is when they want to move onto something else. I know it will take time to change the habit, and reward the new behavior, but it is tough to stay on them all the time about it to remind them. I created 'reward' charts for both of them though, so maybe that will help.
I think I already blogged about Ryan and his speech eval, so you will recall that he needs to see an ENT to rule out anything medically...so, I called a pediatric ENT today and they had a cancellation for tomorrow afternoon, so we are going to see the dr then! Wish us luck. I hope it isn't too rough on Ry - at least they should be good with small children as that's the whole point with picking a pediatric anything right!?!?
We have dinner tomorrow night at Cotswold to begin our fast (for Yom Kippur) - early at 5:30pm and we can break fast on Thursday at nightfall.
David comes home Friday night (have to figure out how he will get home from the airport), and we have Ry's soccer game on Saturday and the UT game. The Malloy Zoo will be in town this weekend, and with any luck we might get to see them (I know they will be VERY busy).
No comments:
Post a Comment