Thursday, October 16, 2008

Just Plugging Along

I am happy and reluctant to say that life has settled into a more predictible yet still hectic pattern in the latter half of this year.  We are kept busy with all the little things that seem to fill the hours quite full.  And we have managed to celebrate some as well...speaking of which, Chris will celebrate his birthday on Monday, the 20th.  David and my anniversary is on the 21st (he will be out of town) and David's birthday is Friday, the 24th....quite a big week coming up!  David and I hope to go out to dinner together on Saturday evening to celebrate our anniversary.

I have been pretty bad about blogging this past week, but I do have a reason (not excuse, just reason)....like many others, I have been 'bitten' *pardon the pun* by the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyers.  I started the 1st book last weekend and am now on the 3rd of 4 books in the series...it is addictive and compelling.  I highly recommend reading them even though they are HUGE books and will cause you to neglect other parts of your life while in the midst of them :)  There is a movie coming out on 11.21.08, but read the books first for sure!

David was in Raleigh this week, but got to come home early (Tues night).  I was suppose to have ladies night with my neighborhood ladies last night, but everyone (except Emrah :) cancelled - there is ALOT going around right now....so, since I had Ashley lined up and since David was in town, we had an impromptu date night.  We went to a little local restaurant called Elevations which is at the little local airport nearby, and it was SO good!  David's car got parked at the front - always wanted that to happen to me!  It is a 5 series, but it was also a slow week night at a small restaurant, but they had Valet, so I guess it counts :)

Georgia plays Vandy for Homecoming this Saturday - normally it is a super easy game for us, but Vandy is undefeated in the SEC this year, and GA is so unpredictible as usual - hoping for a solid victory!  Ryan has soccer in the am and then we have our 'date' for dinner that night. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Twilight series. I just finished the fourth one (which I didn't particularly enjoy), but I really loved reading them all. We can discuss tonight!

Anonymous said...

So addictive!!!!
Tara H.