Speaking of New Years, the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashanah is next week!!! The boys get out of school at noon on Monday and are out on Tuesday and Wednesday. We are hosting dinner for 15-20 for 1st Night and going to A&A at Heathermere for 2nd Night. The big tradition is apples and honey, and the boys are really getting into that at school this week.
Since the boys are out of school, we are going to take advantage of that time to do some things we have been putting off - fun and otherwise. I have Ashley on Monday and will likely be cooking and making last minute preparations, but on Tuesday...we have Ethan's dentist apt at 9:30am for his little filling (hope that goes smoothly!), and then we plan to go to the Zoo with our friends Silke and Noah...we did the same thing around this time last year and they were already decorated for Halloween, and it was so COOL! Then on Wednesday, Ryan will go for a speech evaluation (a diagnostic test they did at school shows that he needed further testing). And both boys will, if all goes well, finally get their cholesterol tested. Not that we expect an issue, but as a precaution.
Well and then of course, we have Ethan's 5th birthday coming up very soon!!! I can't believe my baby will be FIVE! We are watching E.T. in the park on the big screen on Friday night with D's family to begin the celebration...and then on Saturday morning, we have a big party at Pump It Up. Ethan will be in Heaven! And I still need to organize his celebration at school!
We are enjoying a GREAT Georgia season with no losses so far! This week will be a GREAT game and they are doing a 'Black Out' (where they wear their black uniforms', but it is so much more than a fashion statement. It is very intimidating and motivating for players and fans...even the fans go all black and tough. The game is home in Athens agains Bama. We are hosting a small backyard tailgate party at our house before the game and the game begins late at 7:45pm. GO DAWGS!!!

Ethan finished T-ball with little fanfare. He played as well as all the other kids, but you could tell his heart wasn't in it. Not sure if he will change or if he just won't be into sports - which is fine either way. Ryan starts soccer this Saturday morning. He is very excited, so we will see how that translates on the field! One thing is guaranteed; I will get some really cute pictures.
David is in Miami this week - back late Friday. The boys and I are just going about a normal week - school, gym, classes at the Y, shopping, socializing....we get by. I have decided to make a real effort on two fronts...one, getting in shape - really working out and eating right (more about that on my other blog). And two, living in the moment and enjoying 'NOW'. I am a huge planner...and tend to have tunnel vision when looking into and planning the future...and never really taking time to enjoy that future when it manifests as the present. So, I am struggling to just enjoy being...being a stay-at-home mom and not dreaming about going back to work on any level...of being still, quiet and letting some things (hello laundry) slip a bit so that I can go outside and enjoy the weather...of being who I am right now - flaws and all and while still moving toward goals, not putting things on hold until they are realized...of being sad and finally accepting if not welcoming my grief and loss. It has been 4 months now and while it hasn't gotten easier, it has changed a bit. The raw, open, stinging feeling has subsided a bit and I am begining to accept if not heal a bit. I finally managed to visit mom last weekend and vow not to wait as long or build it up so much again.
So, leave DARE today with this - change is in the air - embrace it, enjoy it...live in the moment but move into the future - as gracefully as you can!
No comments:
Post a Comment