The boys had their eye exams yesterday. They have one every 6 months to monitor their farsighted tendencies, but so far and including yesterday, they are both still doing very well. Their vision is 20/30 which apparently is considered 'perfect' for their age. I waited until the last minute to tell the boys about the exams because I knew they would not be thrilled with it. I told them after I picked them up from school. Ethan did say that he didn't want to go, but was quickly accepting of it. They did have to get their eyes dialated, and they H-A-T-E the drops and the feeling, but both did well with it.
The results: both boys eyes are fine and healthy - no glasses needed still - and we can wait a whole year to go back now. Great news - but even better....remember back in April, Ryan had his 3rd procedure on his tear ducts and had tubes inserted. We were going to discuss removing them at this appointment, but the tubes have fallen out on their own which apparently is not so uncommon. The best part is that we didn't have to try to get them out in the office or schedule another procedure to remove them AND it seems they worked! So, we won't have anything further at this point. The appointment took two hours all in all, but it was all good news!
The rest of this week is uneventful. Trying to keep it that way. David is in town this week but has been sick all week...how is that for timing? He has been resting mostly. Other than the eye exams which the boys and I did alone, we don't have any plans for the week. Well, Ryan has a sports class at the Y this evening, but we can skip it if we need but it is only an hour and I need my weight training, so may as well go. We do have some small plans for the weekend...there is a GA game on Saturday and Ethan's t-ball (last game) on Sunday...but even then we are keeping it low-key.
1 comment:
I am thrilled to hear that the boys' eyesight is good. The best part is that Ryan's tear ducts are now clear - YAY!
Marilyn
Post a Comment