Sometimes one hour or minute at a time.
Frances is officially on a leave from work and staying with dad and mom. Mom had a fairly good night, but today has been in a bit of pain and bleeding off and on.
I met with the hospice nurse and social worker today at mom's. Her situation is really touch and go. No one knows...but bottom line her platelet count is keeping her from bleeding so severely at this point in time, but a person can only lose so much blood and can only maintain high platelet count for so long. She was already weak, but this bleeding has weakened her more.
The good side, she is eating relatively well - a few bites here and there and drinking even better....she isn't to the point to where she is refusing food and drink yet. Her blood pressure is still normal and her pulse in the same, slightly fast range as it has been for a month now...all good signs considering blood-loss.
She has periods of wakefulness, but when she starts cramping, we give her a medication that relaxes her and it makes her drowsy as well, so during that time, she is a bit more 'out of it'.
Today, was a rough day (for my visit at least). She was having some pain and started to cry and say 'I can't'...and I was trying to comfort her and she told me to go away. It was tough, but I know she just was in pain....I just want to help her so badly! Later I was clipping her nails, and she said I hurt her and that I was 'mean'. Sometimes, I wish that I could just visit with her, but I really want to do some things like that for her.
Changing the subject
The boys and I had a much needed playdate this morning - we met some moms/kids from Ethan's class at The Coffee Park. The boys loved it...and I NEEDED the coffee and time 'off'. Then we headed home to say goodbye to David (he is off to Chicago for the rest of the week - if he makes it out with our bad weather we are having this evening - he is already severly delayed). I headed to mom's while the boys settled in with Ashley - thank G-d for her!
1 comment:
Hi Angie!
Just wanted to let you know that y'all are still in my thoughts & prayers frequently. I know that nothing I can say will really make things easier for you right now, but just wanted to let you know that I care.
Much love to you, your mom & all!
Post a Comment