Sunday, April 06, 2008

Full of Family Fun

*note about the photo - it is really too big for the scanner, so it almost cuts off the right side with Neil - sorry Neil!
David's grandparents arrived from South Africa on Thursday morning as planned...David arrived home Thursday night and Neil arrived from Baltimore later than planned (weather-related) on Friday night, or was it early Saturday am. Regardless, we had a weekend packed to the top with Dubovsky Family Fun.

We had Friday night dinner at Cotswold (D's parents), the boys spent the night! Then we all met up Saturday morning at 10:30 at Picture People for our family photo shoot. The photos turned out GREAT even though Ry wasn't so cooperative. [Thanks for the coupon Wy!] We were at the mall until about noon just waiting on the photos, looking at them and deciding what we wanted (there were lots to pick from)...and then back to Cotswold for a birthday Tea (Saturday was Benjy's actual 60th birthday!) Lots of family and friends in attendance. Then we had dinner at a Persian restaurant called Mirage in Sandy Springs - we had a private room just for immediate family (there are 13 of us!). Long day! The boys were wiped out...so were we.

Then today, I met mom for her 'wig cut' at Hair Cuttery [Thanks for the referral Amanda]. It turned out really well - wish I had taken my camera...but will post photos of her/it soon. BTW, got my new camera on Friday, so have been using it all weekend...afraid I will be bombarding you with photos for a while.

This evening, we had D's whole family over for dinner again. David cooked a huge salmon on cedar planks on the grill and we also had chicken sausage and veal ribs and more...oh, and some stone crabs for Benjy - flown in from Florida! Now we are winding down the weekend and gearing up for the week...

We have mom's oncology appointment on Tuesday afternoon. Hope to have news on a treatment plan after that. I have to get our list of questions together. Dad had CT scans on Tuesday morning...let's hope and pray those come back clear (not sure when we will hear on those). That's it medically so far...

2 comments:

The Cannon Family said...

The pictures are amazing. Great job on the photos with your new camera. I know you will LOVE it!
wsc

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how I feel about your new camera. It is catching some very unflattering poses, especially of me!