Mom spent the night with us last night - we put Ethan's twin bed in my office downstairs for her. All went well this morning. We got to her ENT appointment a little late because of traffic, but it went well. The dr explained the procedure they will do tomorrow. They made her do more blood work which really annoyed me - she was just poked on Monday.
As we were leaving, they gave us some paperwork and said we needed to drop it by the hospital. I asked if I could pull up and run it in and leave mom in the car and they said yes. I was wondering why they couldn't fax our courier it, but did it anyway. I get there, run in and they said they need to see mom - need to pre-admit and medically clear her.......hello, what have we spent 3 dr appointments and two phone calls with the hospital this week alone for....for a 'SIMPLE' outpatient procedure! And I ask how long, and they say it could be up to 2 hours....so, I lost it....I tried not to, but I cried because I didn't want to push mom anymore...she was already tired from the morning and now I have to go back out and get her for another hoop to jump through! UNBELIEVABLE!
I do...and it was fairly quick (about 40 minutes), but I think that is because I looked so pathetic - and so does she.
We are home now - made her a boost smoothie with bananas. I think she will rest for a while. I have some calls to make. No big plans for the evening as we have surgery very early...we have to be there at 5:30.
1 comment:
Nothing like the power of tears Ang! And when all is said and done, there is no reason why you can't 'complain' to the office on the lack of knowledge on the procedure...
I pray for a peaceful night's rest for your whole fam.
Love,
h
Post a Comment