My dad is home...actually the story makes me so mad that I can hardly stand it. He got REALLY antsy to go home on Thursday and Friday so he started pushing them, and I am sure, making himself a pain in the rear. By Friday, they were telling him that he could go home, but the heard doctor hadn't been in to sign off. The plan was for me to pick him up on Friday since I am close to the hospital, my mom is sick with pneumonia AND my dad's car is at our house. We wait all day and nothing....so, David and I had plans to go to Emory for a class thing that night, so we leave our house (I was thinking that it was too late to release him anyway). So, I get a vm from my mom around 8 or 9pm sayting that it looks like he will need to be picked up around 8:30am on Saturday. Then an hour or so later, she leaves me another vm saying that he has to be picked up that night of he would have to pay for the night out of his pocket!!! This is 10 -11pm!! My mom was in bed (SICK!) and she had to go down there and get him...we could have picked him up on our way home, but they planned to go straight home and not get his car anyway. So, they made him wait all day long (and all evening long) and then basically kicked him out at an undecent hour!! I know hospitals are hopping at all hours - you can't plan sickness and emergencies, but something like his release could have been handled better! On top of all that, my mom had to wait in the car once she got there because they hadn't even finished his paperwork!!! Alan - what do I do to file a complaint??
So, my dad is home - and smoking! Outside I think, but smoking. My mom isn't getting much better....she isn't working or doing much of anything really. I had her make another appointment that I will go with her, but it isn't until Friday - they did say that if she got worse, then she can get squeezed in earlier (i.e., sit down there all day and wait for them to work her in)...
My dad isn't on his oxygen or his breathing treatments (they didn't have generic), but I understand that he is on his other Rx Meds. I am planning to go to his follow up appointments as well - on on the 25th with the lung people and one in mid-March with the heart dr. They also made him an follow up with a cancer doctor, but I am trying to find out why since we understand that he was cleared of that (and pretty much only that!)
The boys are not in school today - President's Day. We are catching up on laundry and phone calls. They are both still a little sick...and so am I. Not sure when to go to the dr and when to not anymore...and don't really have the time for it. I did call the boys' pediatrician's office today - spoke to the phone nurse because I was afraid Ethan might have pink eye, but she thinks it is just his cold coming out through his eyes. They are very good to not bring you in unless they really feel it is necessary so that you don't pick up any extra germs there!
Busy week....just trying to fit in my work last week and this is a challenge - and I need to get back to working out - one week off and I swear I have gained 10 lbs (the same lbs that it took me 6 months to lose!) David is on the road again :((( Can you hear me wimper!! He is in N. Cali this week for the full week! So, we are on our own again. I have my neighborhood girls night on Thursday, which will hopefully be distracting for me! We are going to a make-your-own-jewelry place. Ethan is finishing up his initial swim lessons this week and will start his real swim lessons in a couple of weeks (these were the getting the basics down)...he also starts T-ball with a practice on Tuesday. I will be so glad when Ryan is old enought to do all these things because he wants to SO BADLY!
Would love to go visit baby Robby but not until we are better....
We actually had a pretty good weekend...the Friday night thing at Emory was nice (D's class gift was a bar area in the rec foom for MBA students and it was just unveiled with a reception) and a group of us went to dinner afterward...great to see those guys again. The boys spent the night with Grandy and Oupa, which was VERY nice - we needed a night off. Then on Saturday night, got to meet Amanda's new man (Announcement: Amanda officially has a boyfriend!!!), Nick. And he is normal, cute, funny, nice guy all around....I am very happy for her! They came over to grill out for dinner and dinner was great too - Amanda made this yummy chocolate pocket thing for dessert! The boys were on their best behavior too - the late, long nap we all took helped! The rest of the weekend was filled with grill shopping - we are finalizing the design for our new patio area and need to pick our grill. We have selected a company and design...and hope to begin construction soon - regardless, it should be finished by mid March just in time for spring!!!
Keep us in your thoughts, prayers, wishes - we will take whatever we can get - we have to get everyone better!
2 comments:
Wow - sounds like a lot to handle. And, see, I told you Kennestone wasn't all it was cracked up to be :) Call their Patient Relations department and ask to speak with a patient advocate. Hope you all feel better soon.
Angela, Ask your stupid dad [my uncle] does he not want to see those precious grandchildren do a few more wonderful things before he kills himself? Or he not might be as fortunate as me to get another chance to quit. I didn't know I was in the world for three days. I'm on my 36th day. And I'm not going back. I hope Ruby gets better soon. Love you all,Pam
Post a Comment