My family (mom, dad, Chris and his girlfriend, Amy and her one-year-old son, Brandon) came over around lunchtime....we had WONDERFUL panini sandwiches which David and I made using my new Cuisinart Griddler (thank you Santa). Then we opened gifts...everyone got something fab!
The boys got a castle (Ry's fav), a priate ship (E's fav), a jump castle, 2 UGA beanbags, a couple of educational toys and books and some games. David got a new globe, a super cool universal remote with programmable macros (well actually that was to both of us technically :), a wheeled UGA cooler, an 'Angela' doll that says wonderful phrases like, 'don't worry about putting that toilet seat down, it will be easier for me to clean that way" - yeah right!!!, I got DIAMONDS!!! I think I won out, but everyone is pretty happy!
We also had our traditional lottery scratch off cards...my mom won $15...and our annual holiday-tinis complete with candy canes....AND my favs, chocolate covered strawberries - YUMMO!
We quite literally, ate, drank and were merry! Could not have been better!
Yesterday - Christmas Eve, we had breakfast with Neil (he arrived in town on Sunday night), Grandy and Oupa at Goldberg's and then headed over to visit Bobba Sirily (Benjy's mom)....then to the grocery store...then home...I had the entire afternoon to myself at the salon - getting my hair done (I think that will become my newest holiday tradition!)...it was a very nice day as well.
Tomorrow, we pay for today a bit....to the gym to work out in the am...and Neil is spending the night with us. We leave on Thursday to go to the mountains for a few nights(we rented a cabin in Blue Ridge with D's family) ...back in time for New Years.
Here are a few photos from today and the past few days...
No comments:
Post a Comment