Can't anything just be easy?? I have posted about our new Sauna...well we actually purchased it about a month ago now...first it came, but was missing a box of panels. We waited another week and half for that. It finally came and David had to spend way too long putting it together because he had the previous year's model's instructions. Finally gets it together this weekend and everytime he turns it on, it trips the breaker. So, we have still not been able to actually use it. Not sure what is going on; you are suppose to be able to plug it into regular outlets, so David is looking into that now. Of course, Benjy ordered his at the same time, and his was super easy and is being used regularly at this point! It is a slightly different model, but still.
The good luck part...well, David's Maxima was due for a new set of tires; we were already budgeting to get them in the next couple of months. A while back he had gotten a recall notice from Goodyear about a cracking issue that is allegedly 'strictly cosmetic', but David had checked for any cracking and didn't see any. So, a couple weekends ago, he takes his car to Nissan for a routine service and tire rotation, and while they have the car up, they bring him over to see the INSIDE of the tires...there was considerable cracking on 3 of them. To make a long story a tiny bit shorter, he ends up skipping the rotation, taking the car to Goodyear and after a bit of persuasion, they honor the recall and replace all 4 tires at no cost to us - that was $1200 worth of tires! The timing could not have been better!
Our weekend was hectic AND fun....David worked from home on Friday, and it was a good thing too because I woke up so sick (it had to be something I ate on Thursday - or my body rebelling against all the working out I have been doing :) So, David took Ethan to his last day of camp and picked him up as well. I had to cancel my training session which was just devestating - I was in such a groove - and I don't want my trainer to think I flake out of my workouts that easily (I AM very committed and determined this time)....but I was either in the bed or bathroom all day and couldn't even keep water down until around 8pm when it eased up enough for me to eat some jell-o. David spent the day working, and putting together the sauna (his dad came and helped) and watching the boys. Then D's family came over for dinner (they brought it with them). Saturday, we got going relatively early and worked out at the Y for about an hour (I was finally feeling better but still took it easy becasue of dehydration - who can get hydrated in this weather?) and then we were overdue for a big trip to BJ's and we also picked up the food for our neighborhood Block Party which we attended that evening...and was it ever scorching outside...note to self: have block party much later in summer or fall next time and stick to pool parties for summer! On Sunday, the boys and I went to my mom's family reunion (Swanson's) - it is always the first Sunday in August and has taken place every year for 50+ years! David went to the Y and had some alone time. Then my mom came back with me and watched the boys while D and I saw The Bourne Ultimatum which was great I thought! Then we had a nice family dinner and an early bedtime since David had to be up at 4am to fly out this morning.
D is in Raleigh again this week (and next week).
My mom came to spend the day with the boys and I. The boys had eye exams this morning. Both boys still have the same farsighted issues, but both are doing fine with it and won't need glasses for now (he thinks they could very well outgrow it)....but we need to go back every 6 months for monitoring for eye strain or actual vision issues (side note: Ethan reads the kiddie eye chart so well!). Also, Ryan still has a blocked duct on the right eye, so we have to schedule another procedure for it - to remind you, he has to be quickly sedated for it. Makes me nervous, but we have been through it once and it was pretty easy - the toughest parts were waiting for hours in the waiting room before the procedure at Childrens AND then doing the eye drops for days after (that child can kick when you are trying to put something in his eyes - or brush his teeth for that matter - OUCH!). After the eye exams (which I really like the dr and the practice, but for some reason it took us 2 and a half hours to get out of there!) we went to lunch...then a little bit of shopping to get a few things for our trip which is rapidly approaching!
The rest of the week is full with workouts, training sessions, a chiro for me, and preschool stuff. There is a parent orientation on Thurs night which David booked an earlier flight to make (if he only gets here in time :). Then Friday am, the boys get to go and meet their teachers and classmates - and Ethan starts next monday and Ryan on Wed. Ryan will go W/F and Ethan will go M/W/F both from 9:30-1:30. I am thrilled to have 8 hours a week to myself - although, I suspect it will be filled with my training as this is my 'project' for now!
This weekend...we have Shabbat dinner on Friday night at Alan & Andrew's. Then on Saturday, the city of Kennesaw is doing a 'Pigs & Peaches' thing that we have been looking forward to, and Saturday night we are attending a belated graduation party that is hosted for one of David's Emory friends (A&A are babysitting so that we can enjoy an adult evening). On Sunday, no big plans...but our neighborhood is having an ice cream social in honor of back-to-school (school starts in Cobb County on Monday). That sums it up!
I am working on some shopping lists for our trip to SA...I need a few things (Amanda was nice enough to come over this evening and help me sort our my wardrobe issues) and the boys as well need new dress shoes AND new school sneakers (David will have to work on his stuff this weekend) and of course we need some gifts and some toiletries.
No comments:
Post a Comment