Monday, August 13, 2007

The Boys Go To School

Today was Ethan's first day of school. Ryan will start on Wednesday. Ethan is a hopping frog and Ryan is an M&M (just like his brother)....they are both excited. Ethan was so cute - trying to share his excitement with Ryan and was telling him that he was an M&M this year just like him before he was bigger...and Ryan just looks at him - not so sure he wants to be an M&M :)

Ethan has 5 or 6 boys in his class out of 16 students (last year it was 3 out of 16) and there are two Ethans and two Jacobs. Most of his old class went to 5-day this year so they are in a different class, but he is fine with that (and I am so not ready to give him up all week yet).

My training is going well. We actually did my stats last Friday (weight, measurements, BMI, etc.)...on one hand it is depressing as to how bad I am and how far I have to go...but it is motivation as well. (I am just going to share because 1) that is my nature 2) you are my support network and 3) you may have a similar battle) I need to lose 45lbs to be a nice healthy weight. My body fat is 33% which is in the obese category (30% or higher). It is quite an uphill battle, but I am ready - very motivated right now! I am on a strict 1200 calorie per day diet and need to stay within my limits on protein, carbs (very low!), fiber, etc. My trainer gave me a diet plan to follow. I am also doing an hour of cardio six days a week and my three weight training sessions on M/W/F. For those of you who want to follow along at home with my program...I try to get up at 6am before the boys wake up for my cardio at home...on an empty stomach then have a shake (1/2 protein mixture, 1/2 lean meal replacement pouch and 1/2 banana)...then around 10am I have egg whites with a piece of whole wheat toast...then lunch is a salad with lean protein (turkey or chicken)...then a luna bar for snack in the afternoon then dinner is a lean protein (turkey chicken or salmon) with a green veggie.

I think I might get bored with it eventually, but for now, the limited choices are working for me...and I am not really getting too hungry. Oh, and of course, tons of water. I have completely eliminated my caffeine and alcohol for now as well. I am trying to get more rest/sleep because my body is really demanding it...all in all...it is all working for now...and only if I can start seeing some results. I have lost about 5 lbs but that is over the past 2 months and before my official weigh in last Friday, so that is outside the numbers above. I am just worried about the SA trip...trying to eat well AND get my workouts in (not to the same level on either, but decent enough!).

Wish me luck on this big journey...I won't have a new degree at the end of it all, but I equate it to my EMBA! I have always been an overachiever...and stubborn (i.e., determined), so I know I can do this!

4 comments:

neild said...

That's great Ang. Looking forward to seeing everyone in a little more than a week. I can't wait!

Marilyn said...

I am so proud of you. There is lots of fresh fish in South Africa, so we can try and help each other. I am so excited...

Anonymous said...

I understand exactly what you are going through. You'll be in my prayers.

chappies said...

I know how hard it's going to be, but you can do it!