Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Training..

I had my first trial training session on Tuesday...I dropped Ethan off at camp at 9am and my appointment wasn't until 10:30am, so I did 45 minutes on the eliptical at the Y...then I took Ryan to the Playroom (next to the training place) and had my session with Paul, the trainer. It went really well. We focused on upper body and core. I felt like he did a good job of pushing me without having me overdo it. The 30 minutes seemed to go pretty fast...then I did 20 minutes more of cardio there before I had to fetch Ryan and go back for Ethan. I felt really good the rest of the day - mentally and physically.

I woke up this morning a little tired (I usually don't sleep as well with David out of town, but I have to say that I was out HARD last night)...and a little sore, but not too bad. Got the boys ready, dropped E off at camp, took Ryan to Dr Colon for his check up - more details below - then dropped him at the Playroom and headed to BodyDesign for my 11am apt. (all three are in the same complex so it is really convenient!). We worked lower body and again the 30 minutes went pretty fast. I felt a little more rushed today...and he actually took a phone call in the middle of our session which is a bit annoying - but to his defense, his office phone, gym phone, and cell phone all rang in a row, so it seemed someone needed him urgently. Didn't get to do cardio because it was time to get Ryan and then Ethan...we then had lunch with my friend Lisa (use to be the coordinator at our Y but has now moved to the other Y) and her two sons. It is now 4pm and I am dragging - feeling sore and tired and a minor headache...I think I need a snack, but I want to be sure to pick correctly. I have one more session on Friday, so we will see.
.......
Ryan's check-up went well...he is 25.4lbs (25%) and Ethan was 24lbs (10%) at the same age. Ryan is 32 1/4" tall (25%) and Ethan was 33 1/4% (25%). Ryan, just like Ethan is consistent in his growth - they both hover around 25% which is perfectly fine! Watch, they'll hit puberty and grow like crazy! I think Ryan is either going through a growth spurt or getting his 2-year molars as he is eating like crazy this week...always hungry.

There is a new vaccination out that is recommended at 24 months *this is normally a non-shot trip* but it is for Hepatitis A and is especially recommended for international travel, so even though I had told Ryan 'no shots', we went ahead and got it. He is so sadly adorable when he gets a shot - he laughs beacuse it tickles when they grab his pudgy thigh, then he gets a really mad/hurt look on his face that I swear says, 'hey what happened lady, we were playing well and then you had to go and hurt me'. Then he cries for a second until I give him his treat - today it was fruit chewies and then all is well....he has gone around all day showing everyone his 'booboo' especially his big brother.

The really bad news is that I need to take Ethan in to get it this week as well to get his.

1 comment:

The Cannon Family said...

I cannot believe JP and Ryan almost weigh the same amount. JP is in his 95% though. I guess that is the difference. The pediatrician still isn't concerned with his weight though. I have to trust that she knows best.

We need to get together soon. When are you guys available to have a grill out?

wsc