The boys and I had a stomach bug last week (well David had it too but he had it in Raleigh :) So we took it easy most of the week. Ethan had a science camp at the Y that he LOVED! They made soap, muck, shaker bottles and more. David was in Raleigh until Wed night and then worked from home Th and Friday. He went to see the new Die Hard movie with his dad on Friday afternoon and picked up steaks to grill out on the way home. They were so good! There is nothing like a lean, juicy filet and some good red wine! And David has the magic grill touch...everything he grills turns out delicious!
On Saturday, we went to Kate Whitehurst's 1st birthday party - she was so cute! It was at the same creamery where we are hosting Ryan's party later this month.
After that we had dinner plans with David's family but we were early so we were just driving trying to figure out some roads nearby and saw this unreal neighborhood - it was gated but the gates were open and the houses were monstrosities...they were $3.5M and on 2+ acres...so, we just drove in and were checking them out...there was one for sale and I told David that we should check out the trimmings inside but he thought for sure that it would be locked...well it wasn't, so we take the boys in and look around. It is just over the top...anyways, the point of the story is that there were about 5-6 stairs in the hallway upstairs and I fell down them...my feet went completely out from under me and I landed hard on my butt bone! Major pain! I am still sore from it, but I did some research online and it seems it is a common injury and the treatment whether bruised or broken is just pain killers and time. So, I am going to see my chiro on Thursday when he is back from vacation and we will go from there. It isn't so bad most of the time, just when I do certain things (like pick up the boys).
Sunday, we had a neighborhood HOA meeting that I helped organize. We have alot going on with our builder/developer and we want to take control of our HOA. We will see where that goes.
David left around 6pm to fly out to Raleigh again...and amazingly his flight was on time (we had some really rough weather here yesterday).
Today, the boys and I had a light day. Some laundry and phone calls this morning, then errands to the post office, lunch and then Publix which turned into a big long adventure with multiple bathroom breaks and even a wardrobe change due to an accident. We were there almost 2 hours...it is just impossible to go grocery shopping with both boys and without alot of distractions. That reminds me of a funny story. Ethan has the habit of going to the bathroom and then not putting his pants back on and just running around the house randomly touching himself (a guy thing I guess)...any way, I tell him all the time that it isn't proper to run around without pants in PUBLIC, so the other day, he did this when a family member was here (can't remember who) and he told them that mommy said that he can't touch himself in PUBLIX! Too funny!
My mom is coming over tomorrow...and I am going to get my hair done (cut and color - and I am really in the mood for a big change so who knows what I might end up with!)
David will be back tomorrow, but we still don't have firm plans for the 4th yet.
1 comment:
the family member was me - and it was too adorable. He was so serious. Hope you are feeling better today.
Post a Comment