By now, I bet you are wondering...what is going on with D&A...a ton of posts from Ang and a first ever post from D.....
Well, can't speak for D, but I am catching up....I have noticed my pattern...I get strep and can't do much of anything for a couple of weeks...then I get meds and feel better and I get busy making up for the half month I lost....I plan social events, dinners, play dates, pool parties...I make appointments...I do laundry...I post...I go to the gym...I make yummy, healthy meals...I start/finish projects...I LIVE LIFE! Then, boom, my momentum and health train hits a strep brick wall...so, I am in the 'recovery' phase.
So, those of you who know me well know that I am a clone of Clark Howard....I love to save money, spend less, and avoid getting ripped off....today, I had the happiest moment of my life since the birth of Ryan (slight exaggeration)....I went to donate bags and bags full of clothes, toys, etc to my favorite thrift store and decided to go in...they were having a SALE! My ultra bargain thrift store had everything either 30%, 50%, OR a whopping 70% off! I got the boys tons of clothes...I got 31 articles of clothing for $45 - that averages to $1.45 per item....unreal! I got Gap, Gymboree, Carters. Talbots Kids, Childrens Place, Old Navy, Levis, Polo, Calvin Klein - all in excellent condition - some with tag on them! I am so happy...I brought them home and washed them...most of them are for fall/winter, so I am packing them away for South Africa. Clark would be so proud of me!
Random thought, I saw on TV today (some entertainment show)...I didn't know that McSteamy was married to Rebecca Gayhart!!! They are way too good looking together...if they reproduce (and they said they might) then the children would be some sort of super race! Forget Brad and Angelina...
Also, I wanted to share that I HATE Luvs diapers....they aren't that much cheaper than Pampers and Huggies (actually, at BJs with my coupon I can get Pampera & Huggies for the same or a little less. Anyway, I bought Luvs last time and we have had a couple of 'leaks'. They just don't hold liquid like the others - at least for boys. I can't even use them over night without fearing a wet bed.
I have finally read and listened to a few books that I want to recommend. One is Momzillas by Jill Kargman - even funny if you aren't a mom, but if you are...a must read. I am listening now to Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella - pretty entertaining so far...but I especially recommend the book on CD because the person reading (what is that called) had a British accent and it add so much to the story! Also, The Faith Club - about three moms, one Jewish, one Muslim, and one Christian...just starting this one. Got any recommendations for me? I get them all from my library - so they are free! I know Clark would be gleaming down at me!
1 comment:
I believe a person reading is called the "narrator" and I am thrilled that you have accepted your disease as a shopaholic and published it for the world to see.
There should be a book for husbands that helps us deal with the disease ...
Have a great week everyone.
Post a Comment