I'll start with my results visit with my infectious disease dr (Dr P) today. To go over the results of 1)my blood work on my immune system 2) culture on my strep and 3) results of my barium swallow. The good news is 1) my immune system is A-OK and 2) my strep is a normal old strain that is 'easily treated' and 3) I did have a mild, single occurance of reflux.
Dr P seems to think that reflux causes alot of medical conditions to worsen - he has personally treated bad asthma, allergy and strep cases that were all but cured when the underlying reflux was treated.
I feel happy knowing that I am good, but I was really hoping to find the answer and have that 'ah ha' moment....all I got was a recommendation to limit caffeine (it contributes to reflux) and to not lay down immediately after eating. Will this end my on-going issues with strep? Who knows? I am trying (without much luck) to be optimistic. I am on a completely different antibiotic this time, and quite frankly, I have more hope for that than the reflux thing! I am still trying to eat healthy, work out, take my vitamins, drink my throat tea, etc. Anything I can try. I see Dr P again in 2 weeks - btw, I am on day 11 of my 15 day course of Bactrim. Maybe I will change my counter (Neil's return home) to a number of days without strep - both causes seem all but hopeless to me at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment