
I had a mother's dream come true this evening...I made a very yummy, very healthy dinner (turkey meatloaf, garlic mashed potatoes, fresh corn on the cob, and peas) - David got home in time to eat with us, and both he and BOTH BOYS devoured all of their food....one healthy meal for all of us - and they LOVED it!
Then after David went to his office for a while to do some work, he came back up and we had ice creams on the deck at dusk...it was a wonderful family evening - I couldn't ask for more!
Here are some photos from a couple of evenings ago outside...the boys were playing in their new Elmo sprinkler and then riding in their new Hummer.

Now that we are all back to normal health-wise (well except Ryan either had a mild cold or is teething again), we are super busy again. We went for a quick visit to Ethan's new school today...he starts the week of the 14th going W/F mornings. My mom was here for the day...tomorrow we work at the Y, and Ryan has his 1-year check-up (and shots) on Wednesday and Grandy will visit Wednesday evening...Thursday we are hosting a playdate at our house for our new playgroup we just joined (can't wait to meet everyone)...and Friday, we are having a few friends over for a picnic at our pool. Should be fun!!! We have my mom's family reunion on Sunday (it is always the 1st Sunday in August).
Oh, we are getting new sofas for the family room - a brown leather one from RoomsToGo and a tan cordouroy one from IKEA...I love that place. Our sofa is going up to the playroom, and the loveseat is going to our living room/downstairs playroom.
Forgot to report back on my weigh in last week - I made it to the 10 lb mark (10.2 to be exact) - YEAH me! I did the analysis, and I have to lost just under 2lbs a week for the rest of our session to make my first mini-goal, so this week I am trying to step it up a notch - eating really well, staying hydrated, getting a good workout in every day, etc. Any tips or pointers? I have 4 weeks left including this one, so I need all the help I can get!
1 comment:
What a perfect picture of the two boys - little Tarzan beating his chest. I can't wait for tomorrow
love
Marilyn
Post a Comment