Children just amaze me...especially mine :) They are born these little helpless lumps of love, but deceptively so, they are equipped with unlimited potential and intelligence. I can think of a million examples, because I am blessed to be a stay-at-home-mom, I get to constantly experience this with my boys.
Like today, I bought Ethan a 25 piece puzzle as a reward at Target (because Grandy had recently brought him a 20 piece puzzle and he has completely mastered it and loves doing it over and over)...so, we get it home and open it, and within 5 minutes he has put it together on his own....he actually understands that he has to fit the pieces together and uses the picture as a guide (like an animal's eyes needing to match, etc)...just amazing to watch.
And our Ryan, what will I do with him? Ethan was laying on the floor while I was changing his diaper, and Ryan toddles over and sits just above Ethan's head. He reaches over and slaps Ethan on his head and is so giddy with excitement at getting his big brother that he lets out the biggest belly laugh and then does it again....poor Ethan...he is in for a lifetime of payback (now I feel a whole new understanding of what it must have been like for Neil when David came along)...
Tomorrow morning, I have my weigh-in at the Y for WW, I am so close to the 10lb mark that I hope to make it tomorrow, but truth be told, I will be happy with any loss given the fact that
I indulged in some birthday cake this week. We will see....
1 comment:
At last! After 30 years, finally someone who appreciates the torment involved when younger siblings come onto the scene.
Thanks Ang. Us "first-borns" need to stick together. :)
Post a Comment