Monday, June 19, 2006

Settled Back Home

We are home (as of last Thursday night)...we had Friday and the weekend to get settled back into the routine of life, and we pretty much are. Happy to be home and with the boys but do I ever miss vacation...sometimes you just have that great vacation that really recharges your batteries and this was one of those for us.

Back to life - started WW (Weight Watchers) on Friday...doing good so far, but haven't had a weigh-in yet. I am doing the meetings at the Y - they started a group just for staff there. I got a call today from Ryan's pediatrician, and they want him to see a Pediatric Optamologist to have his eyes tested (I think *HOPE* all is fine, just need to have them checked out based on a screening test they did at his 9month visit). So now I am in the midst of dr apts galore - Ryan's and then my surgical consult about my gallbladder and then my follow-up ultrasound...and then it will be time for Ryan's 1 year soon!!!! He will be 11months this Wednesday! How exciting!

I have a VERY special playdate scheduled for Friday - my e-friend Fenna - she and I have been email/forum buddies for over 3 years now, when we were both pregnant with our first boys (Ethan and Evan)....she lives in Florida and now also has a second son a few months younger than Ryan (Alex)....her family is visiting family in GA this weekend and we are going to FINALLY get together and let the boys meet and play. I can not wait!

Other than that - back to work at the Y tomorrow, but I am only working one day a week (Tuesdays) for the rest of the summer. That is nice because I want to do some fun stuff with the boys as well as get lots of working out in. We may go to the zoo with Misty (from the Y) and her boys one day this week or next, and the boys and I are going to Abbey's house (from the Y) tonight for a little while for a Pampered Chef thing....then back home for Dinner with Daddy.

Kristy's baby celebration brunch is this Sunday...she is due July 3rd. Should be fun. Wynita is also due for her mid-way ultrasound (the one where you find out boy or girl) about that time as well....very exciting baby times!

I have a few Jamaica photos to share with you, but they are not uploaded yet - soon I promise.

A BIG HELLO to our family in South Africa....having fun without us....we miss you.

No comments: