Thursday, June 15, 2006

Fond Farewell

In a matter of hours we will be leaving sunny Jamaica...bittersweet. I can NOT wait to go home and get the biggest hugs in the world from the boys! I am going to eat them up. It will be tough to get back into the swing of things...

Last night was so amazing. Cognos hosted a farewell gala with the James Bond 007 theme since Dr No was actually filmed here. It was like an over the top wedding with a cocktail reception with martinis (of course) and then seated 5 course dinner (with filet)...then dancing and gambling on the large patio and lawns with the ocean as the back drop....very nice. They even had an ice carving of the cognos logo...unreal.

This morning, we have had a nice breakfast and ate my last mango...yum! We have already packed and they have even taken our bags. We will likely just relax with a book until our shuttle leaves for the airport in about an hour.

I have only taken a few photos - too busy enjoying and not enough time documenting...but I can't complain...I will share them with you as soon as I can.

Also, sorry that it is late - but wanted to wish Kristy Whitehurst a happy birthday from the 13th...and hoping she has not delivered her baby girl in my absence....

Finally, want to wish a WONDERFUL trip to Marilyn, Benjy, and Alan - they are going to South Africa tomorrow for two weeks....really wish we could be with them, but can't wait until our trip there in 2007!

Next post will be on US soil again...til then!

No comments: