First of all, I have been having some abdominal pain, went to the Dr just before Memorial Day and was sent for some ultrasound testing. Found out this week (on 6/6 actually) - in the midst of my Honda fiasco none-the-less, that I have gallstones AND an ovarian cyst. I have to meet with a surgeon about the stones and it seems from my research online that they usually remove the gallbladder as the best treatment option (a pretty non-invasive surgery), but we will see what they recommend for me. The cyst will likely go away on its own, will need a follow-up ultrasound in 6 weeks to confirm.
Then Weds/Thurs, I started feeling horrible - achy, fevery, nauseous, swollen and sore throat - went to the Dr yesterday and I have STREP!!! Took the boys to their Dr today to have them checked (thought Ethan had a minor cold until my diagnosis), but I wanted to be sure they were ok before we leave - well Ethan has strep too! We are both on meds now. I was so wiped out yesterday - and David was in class ALL DAY - left ~6am and got home ~11pm - I don't think I could have made it through without my MIL (Mom-in-law) - she was so awesome to come help out yesterday evening. Today is a little better - taking it easy though...the boys are watching a movie and I am here on the computer for a little while. Hopefully, we will all nap later!
Other than that, I took my first spin class this week - Monday - I have always been intimidated by biking and spin classes, so I am glad I did it - it was a good workout, but I don't know if it will become one of my favorites, but I feel like I tamed a beast of mine which is more of a mental workout...and don't get me wrong, I couldn't feel my glutes (AKA my bum) the next day!
The Y is adding a Weight Watchers for staff and I am joining, was suppose to start today, but will start next Friday after we get back....will be tough, but I NEED it!
David is in the midst of a long weekend of classes with a full Thursday plus his night class and then all day Friday and Saturday as well. Plus he has a lot of things going on at work - this is his last month in his current position and they are still working out what exactly he will be doing next...we will see, but I am afraid it might involve either travel and/or more hours (how is that even possible - correct me if I am wrong, but there are still just 24 hours in a day right?) At least (knock on wood) he seem healthy!!
Ryan now has 3 top teeth to add to his two bottom - just as I suspected - he had a long time between those two bottom and any other, but they are coming fast and furious now - I think he is soon going to get a 4th top and his other 2 bottom for a total of his main 8. He is a pretty good teether just like Ethan was. I can't believe it, but I am in the midst of planning his 1st birthday - where did this year go? Here is a super cute photo of Ryan from last week...we had dinner with some families from David's EMBA program - it was so much fun...they all had small kids too, and the family that hosted have a super kid-fun home with a pool, sand box, playset, dogs, etc. I think Ethan would move in! Oh, and a photo of Ethan at the same age - Curious to get your thoughts on the comparison.

1 comment:
I can't believe that's Ryan - doesn't look like him at all! Sorry to hear about the horrible week - just think, a strong drink with rum on the beach is just a day away!
Post a Comment