She's here!
Rey arrived last night and seems completely unfazed by her adventure. She is settling into the apartment and has already had a few walks around the area.
Here is her first photo from Switzerland (Zurich airport after she cleared customs and a vet inspection)
And then a few hours later, when she was reunited (or Rey-united) with us
I've picked up David's cold, which we think was initially Stephen's cold, and I have all but lost my voice. Hoping it passes quickly because warmer weather is coming (so far it's been in the 78-83 degrees Fahrenheit range - I'll get used to Celsius eventually). We all know how it sucks to have a summer cold!
Yesterday, at Stephen's request, we explored Basel's thrifting scene, which leaves a lot to be desired. We hit up two shops - one just clothing and one for everything (and I do mean everything! They had bottles of wine and liquor!). We were only successful in finding some English books, but no clothing. I ended up with two books and Stephen one, and I'm finally picking up the Becoming book I've had on my list for a while. Ironic that I had to come to another country to finally read a book about an American icon :)
Yesterday, August 6th, is also a solemn holiday for our family (and I invite you all to join us in the annual commemoration). In 2019, on August 6th, two young explorers embarked on a journey of bravery and strength, trekking the hills of Millbrae from the top of Trousdale to the bottom of Murchison. There, they retrieved lunch from Chipotle and began the arduous expedition home to enjoy the bounty of their efforts. They were on the verge of victory when disaster struck. The vessel that had carried the much-anticipated lunch had become wet from within, and then the bottom failed. The food spilled and lay bare upon the sidewalk, forever ruined for human consumption. August 6th has hence been known in our family as 'Chipotle Catastrophe Day', and we celebrate annually by enjoying the very Chipotle that those brave explorers were deprived of that day.
Until this year....this year, 3/5 of us don't have access to a Chipotle - another catastrophe you could argue. Alas, the other 2/5 celebrated in our stead! And we made a close approximation (not really, but same genre) for our dinner in Basel.
More updates soon - today I'm off to look at 3 houses with David! All promising! Stephen is going to stay home with Rey.
2 comments:
So glad Rey finally made it! That sounded so stressful so I’m glad she handled so well!
So happy the Rey-union was wonderful. 😍
Post a Comment